> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Judging a player based off of their rookie season alone is dumb.

It may seem that way, but more often than not when a player looks like a bust he ends up being one. I think it is more rare for a player that downright sucks to turn their career into a 1st rounder worthy.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

Give players at least 2 full seasons IMO.

Coaches and execs, yeah

General fan sentiment, yeah

I think it’s fine if people here wanna gamble and call their shot on a more micro level like here, which is essentially talking in an isolated group.

Fanbase as a whole though, yeah give people a shot.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Judging a player based off of their rookie season alone is dumb.

I think it would be for week 13 of 2022 to follow that 2 season logic.

But I do think the Eagles are doing Hurts no favors at all, I think he'd be a much better starter if the Eagles actually tried and bring him along as a starter and not put everything on their shoulders, like DAL, SEA and PIT did with their QBs. Instead I think they are intentionally giving him the whole offense and let him sink or swim this year in order to evaluate the situation after the season, given that even they didn't think he was starter material when they drafted him. 

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

No? This is his 2nd season.

1st full season
You said they deserve 2 full seasons. So Hurts gets the benefit of the doubt for the first 12 games next year? 
Then we can say he sucks or he's good with confidence?
Even if you count this as his 2nd full season, we can't say he sucks or is good until it's completed.

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think it would be for week 13 of 2022 to follow that 2 season logic.

But I do think the Eagles are doing Hurts no favors at all, I think he'd be a much better starter if the Eagles actually tried and bring him along as a starter and not put everything on their shoulders, like DAL, SEA and PIT did with their QBs. Instead I think they are intentionally giving him the whole offense and let him sink or swim this year in order to evaluate the situation after the season, given that even they didn't think he was starter material when they drafted him. 

No.... he's been here for 2 years, he was the starter for almost half of last season. He had experience, and the big part of it is that first off season to actually go and see how much a player can improve.

Just now, Danger said:

No.... he's been here for 2 years, he was the starter for almost half of last season. He had experience, and the big part of it is that first off season to actually go and see how much a player can improve.

You said 2 full seaons. Four games out of 16, no TC and no PS hardly qualifies as almost half of last season. By your logic it should be week 13 of 2022, and I wouldn't be against it in his case if I'd seen the Eagles interested in bringing him a long and developing him, but they're not. 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You said 2 full seaons. Four games out of 16, no TC and no PS hardly qualifies as almost half of last season. By your logic it should be week 13 of 2022, and I wouldn't be against it in his case if I'd seen the Eagles interested in bringing him a long and developing him, but they're not. 

Also got pulled in the 4th quarter for Suds, so really only 3 full games his 1st season.

8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Was he or was he not on this team for all of the 2020 season?

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Also got pulled in the 4th quarter for Suds, so really only 3 full games his 1st season.

And again, I wouldn't mind another season of Hurts if there is no clear franchise QB prospect, but I need to see the Eagles actually help him and make things easier for him so he can improve gradually. But I swear, Lurie and Howie are a much bigger problem than people realize. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

What Danger is really trying to say is you can't give up on someone before their 3rd year, unless Danger has also given up on them before their 3rd year.

I haven't given up on Hurts, but I don't believe in him. He gets the rest of the 2021 season, after that if he hasn't made notable progress by the end of this season then that is when I'll write him off.