> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

And again, I wouldn't mind another season of Hurts if there is no clear franchise QB prospect, but I need to see the Eagles actually help him and make things easier for him so he can improve gradually. But I swear, Lurie and Howie are a much bigger problem than people realize. 

Seasons =/= seasons as a starter. 

It's not some arbitrary 32 games started requirement.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

So just by being rostered they qualify to you? Because that's just a scape from your previous post. In more ways he is more like a rookie this year than a second year player. 

No it's not, it's you not understanding my perspective. 

There's two of us arguing with you about the same point. It's maybe your perspective that's wrong.

A perspective or opinion isn't wrong. If you want to disagree then fine. Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

And again, I wouldn't mind another season of Hurts if there is no clear franchise QB prospect, but I need to see the Eagles actually help him and make things easier for him so he can improve gradually. But I swear, Lurie and Howie are a much bigger problem than people realize. 

There isn't. There is going to be somebody who has a crazy Pro Day, throwing laser beams and looking loose, and we'll start to think "oh this kid has something", but they will be fools gold. At the same time, I kind of want that fools gold over Hurts, as long as they have a cannon and aren't stupid. Jalen Hurts' squirt gun of arm bugs the hell out of me.

You can't guarantee the Eagles will be in range to grab a QB in the 2023 NFL draft. If there is a QB you like available at one of our picks and Hurts doesn't improve this year... you just take him and see what happens. I love the idea of a Bryce Young in Philly.... but you just can't gamble that we will be bad enough to get him or whatever top QB comes out the following draft.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

I haven't given up on Hurts, but I don't believe in him. He gets the rest of the 2021 season, after that if he hasn't made notable progress by the end of this season then that is when I'll write him off.

What improvements do you think he's capable of making? Why can't I just call him bust right now based on the fact he has never been accurate and has a Mike Kafka-level arm, when history tells us those guys always fail? And Josh Allen is literally the only QB to do a 180 on their accuracy?

Edited by Jeezla

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You can't guarantee the Eagles will be in range to grab a QB in the 2023 NFL draft. If there is a QB you like available at one of our picks and Hurts doesn't improve this year... you just take him and see what happens. I love the idea of a Bryce Young in Philly.... but you just can't gamble that we will be bad enough to get him or whatever top QB comes out the following draft.

You kind of can. We'll be able to grab a QB at pick 15, they just won't be very good. Granted, the QB getting taken at #1 overall probably won't be very good either this coming draft. NVM you said '23 draft. We could always just trade our 1sts this year for 1sts next year.

Edited by Jeezla

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There isn't. There is going to be somebody who has a crazy Pro Day, throwing laser beams and looking loose, and we'll start to think "oh this kid has something", but they will be fools gold. At the same time, I kind of want that fools gold over Hurts, as long as they have a cannon and aren't stupid. Jalen Hurts' squirt gun of arm bugs the hell out of me.

I get the take, I don't want to just pull the trigger for anyone. But you have a chance to Herbert/Mahomes/Allen it to a lesser degree this draft. Guys that have tools but had understated college careers that left scouts with a lot of questions.

If you are gonna gamble on a guy, gamble on like Corral. 

But I'll be fine if we do go Hurts in 2022 at this point, because end of the day it's better to sacrifice 2022 than it is 2022 through at least 2024. Which is the bare minimum we will waste trying to get the wrong 1st rounder off the ground. Just build the team up and make a trade if necessary if you aren't in position.

The more they seem to not care about Hurts though makes me think we'll be taking or trading one no matter what Jalen does to finish out the year. I don't understand what there is to lose for them to try and build the offense slightly more around his skillset.

I got two words for ya: Carson Strong! I give Jalen the remainder of '21 and evaluate everything from there. If there's a qb prospect worthy of taking top 5 or 10, you take him. If not, use those picks to build out the roster and continue to evaluate Hurts in '22. Progress report on Hurts to this point is: looking elsewhere in '22 if there's a guy. I'd love to use all of those picks elsewhere though. 

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <