2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Re:  Burks

Ross Uglem -  I'm not concerned about his 40 time. The best two receivers on the planet ran 4.62 (Kupp) and 4.56 (Davante). They also were both sub-6.85 in the three-cone. 7.28 is a borderline red flag for Burks.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Watson has 105 catches, and 16 drops, yeah his hands and coordination are not a plus. He doesnt track the ball well. He's not a guy who's going to come in and contribute year 1.

How many of those drops came in his first 3 seasons at NDSU?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's a 1st rounder. If not, early 2nd. 

Okay......now IF....he's the first WR we snag (at say 28) - would you be cool with that and would you target another WR?  If so - who and what round - give or take?

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Okay......now IF....he's the first WR we snag (at say 28) - would you be cool with that and would you target another WR?  If so - who and what round - give or take?

Depends on what we do veteran wise. If we sign or trade for a guy, I'm good with just one rookie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you have the answer? 16 drops is a lot, especially in an offense that doesn't pass the ball much.

I had seen that 7 of his 16 drops came in his junior year.  Someone who has PFF should be able to tell us.

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

FNA6mz-WYAgjQi6?format=png&name=900x900

Are you really trying to downplay Pierce as an athlete??? 

Watson didn't do agility, probably because it's not a strength of his. 

Pierce and Watson are completely comparable.

We have no why of proving it unless both are on the board and the Packers chose one, but I would be willing to wager that Pierce is higher on the Packers board than Watson is. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

7 in 2020, 5 last year.

I haven't seen them, but how many of them are concentration drops as opposed to actual drops?  He's clearly in the next tier of WRs, so I think you'd only consider him in R1 if you're forced to take one and your WR room board is pretty rough at that point.  I wouldn't hate him with one of our SRPs.  You're gambling on those athletic traits.

3 minutes ago, R T said:

We have no why of proving it unless both are on the board and the Packers chose one, but I would be willing to wager that Pierce is higher on the Packers board than Watson is. 

Not that I think you're necessarily wrong, but why do you think that?