2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So a lot of people still "think" the Packers are going to make a move in to the early teens to potentially grab one of the top 4 WRs. So, let's pretend that happens...who's the target: Wilson, Williams, Olave or London?

I think they will make a move up but doubt it will be for a WR, if WR is the only choice in this exercise then London is the obvious one.   

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If we move up and follow our tendency it will be for London.

I'd much rather pick BPA, move back to round 2 from 28 and pick up a 3rd, grab Pickens or Watson at the top of round 2, use that 3rd to move up from 53 and get Pitre, Tyler Smith, Drake Jackson type prospect.

The value you'll find in this draft is from 30-60 IMO, to sacrifice that for an overhyped WR would be really dumb. Chase or Jefferson aren't walking through the door.

You seem to be suggesting that Williams is a clearly inferior prospect to Jefferson. Walk me through that. 

24 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

What has Love done to increase his value that much?

He's better than every QB in this draft and only like six months older than Kenny Pickett while being much more NFL ready than Malik Willis?

The price for a veteran player at [position] always goes up when it's a bad draft at this position, and this is the worst QB draft since 2013.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

6 hours ago, Les Punting said:

You mocked the idea of a 270lb guy who could bend. Walker is just one example. Sorry about your short memory, but there have been plenty of big EDGE's in recent drafts with better bend than Karlaftis who went in the back half of round 1. 

How about last years draft? Phillips (18), Rousseau (30), Oweh (31), all bigger guys with better EDGE tools than Karlaftis. All of them would be ahead of him if they were in this class.  

This draft doesn't have many prototypical guys, why settle for a guy like Karlaftis, particularly when the positional need isn't extremely pressing? 

There'll be better value than Karlaftis when GB selects, whether it's another player or a trade down.

Oweh is 250 lbs, he better have all the pass rush because he can get buried. Phillips didnt play through OTs. And Rousseau had minimal production from edge coming into the league, a good amount of his production came from the interior rushes. But continue with whatever nonsense you think youre enlightening me with.

AGAIN. I dont have any opinion on Karlaftis other than i know bend is obviously not his game. And that doesnt matter you dont need it if you can play through a tackle. Im not Pro Karlaftis Im anti bad draft takes.

My comment was strictly reacting to the fact that nobody should be expecting complete EDGE players outside the top 10. They'll all have flaws, doesnt make them bad players.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:41 PM, packfanfb said:

Starting to see Drake Jackson as a possible sleeper to watch at 28 (assuming we don't get an EDGE at 22). Was up to 273 at his Pro Day and had a 7.09 3-cone. Just turned 21 a few days ago. Haven't talked about him much but I think he's rising in the second tier of the Edge group. End of the 1st may be a bit high for him but Gutey loves "traits" and Jackson has them. 

Just going to bump this.

5 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Davis and Faalele are going to sink the boat they're on..........and I don't care how big that boat is, it's sinking. Pass.

PS Might as well get Noah Ellis and go for the all big-boy team.

Nah man give me some Jordan Davis.  Dude is the most athletic big man to ever come out.  Stick him at the nose.  He could develop into a generational type talent.  If he's there at #28 I'm taking him.  Don't understand Faalele pick either.  6'8" OT at 380 lbs.  How is that going to work?  Like the idea of grabbing 2 OT's but not sure about this guy.

• Like 1