2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Although the timing of this is premature, I have heard the ‘22 class is loaded with DL prospects.  We need at least one decent vet to stopgap this year but  our days of mediocre to undrafted linemen from Northwestern should be finally over, hopefully with Keke and Slaton continuing to develop and KC starting to dominate. 

If OT still isn't on the top of that list with IDL being a 1b. need we're going to have to really wonder what direction our offense is taking - Rodgers or no Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I wonder if Gute will take a second round QB like Thompson did.  Hedge his Love bet.

It’s not a dumb idea at all.

If we are indeed rolling with Love in ‘22 and there is a guy with good potential early in the draft, I think you grab him.  At the same time the best of the best will likely be gone after the early first. I’d prefer finding a Fitzmagical vet that can step right in if needed, hopefully be a good mentor to boost the young guy’s confidence while still keeping the team from total collapse. 

12 hours ago, Refugee said:

Although the timing of this is premature, I have heard the ‘22 class is loaded with DL prospects.  We need at least one decent vet to stopgap this year but  our days of mediocre to undrafted linemen from Northwestern should be finally over, hopefully with Keke and Slaton continuing to develop and KC starting to dominate. 

No such thing as making this thread too early, in fact -- I would bet over the years that I've been here it's usually made the day after the draft. This is nothing new - It's just what we do as fans! 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I wonder if Gute will take a second round QB like Thompson did.  Hedge his Love bet.

It’s not a dumb idea at all.

Agree.  Unless we get Lock/Carr  in the trade for Aaron.  Was intrigued by Darnold we could have landed him on the cheap be nice to have him and Love fighting it out.  Of course we all thought we were set at QB.  No guarantee Love is going to hit.  

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Agree.  Unless we get Lock/Carr  in the trade for Aaron.  Was intrigued by Darnold we could have landed him on the cheap be nice to have him and Love fighting it out.  Of course we all thought we were set at QB.  No guarantee Love is going to hit.  

Oh God. Can you imagine the **** storm that would have ensued if GB had gone after Darnold? Jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Louise! Cyberspace would have imploded and disappeared like a black hole!

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh God. Can you imagine the **** storm that would have ensued if GB had gone after Darnold? Jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Louise! Cyberspace would have imploded and disappeared like a black hole!

Never would have advocated it before.  Knowing this was going to happen absolutely.  Can't get any worse than it is now!

Just now, Scoremore said:

Never would have advocated it before.  Knowing this was going to happen absolutely.  Can't get any worse than it is now!

???  If GB had gone after Darnold this offseason - so then they'd have AR, JL and Darnold.....it wouldnt be worse?????????????
I'd pity the NBA and MLB cause the entire sports media and internet would quit talking about them entirely. The NFL *offseason* would dominate the headlines.

It would be a total circus ... on so many fronts.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

???  If GB had gone after Darnold this offseason - so then they'd have AR, JL and Darnold.....it wouldnt be worse?????????????
I'd pity the NBA and MLB cause the entire sports media and internet would quit talking about them entirely. The NFL *offseason* would dominate the headlines.

It would be a total circus ... on so many fronts.

Well this is all hypthetical of course.  It also assumes Aaron is gone.  No the way things were at the time I would have never advocated it.

• Like 1