Round 3 (85) - Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

Round 4 (142, compensatory) - Royce Newman, OT, Ole Miss

Round 5 (173) - Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida

Round 5 (178, compensatory) - Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State

Round 6 (214) - Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin

Round 6 (220, compensatory) - Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College 

Round 7 (256) - Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State

--------------------------------------------

How did our rivals from within the division draft? Who did you like the most from each team? Who did you like the least?

Lions: Tremendous draft. I think it could change the face of that franchise for a long time. We're so used to them taking luxury picks without having the luxury to do so. This draft changed that (and they have 2 1st rounders in 2022 and 2023!). Sewell was the 2nd best player in the draft regardless of position. Getting him at 1.7 is a steal. The only pick I didn't care for was the RB, who won't make the team.

Bears: If you thought Fields was the steal of the draft, think again! Teven Jenkins was a super value pick in the 2nd. Their offense wont look stuck in 1950 anymore. They put the pieces together to be a highly competitive team once these young guys grow. No real bad pick. The rest look just like depth.

Packers: Well, they did much better than last year, but it would be hard to do worse. They addressed their needs but the players aren't anything extraordinary. Amari Rodgers should be a good slot option. There isn't much competition at that spot and if he can stay healthy will take away heat from Adams/Jones. I wasn't really impressed with Eric Stokes. I guess for a NCB he'll be fine but I'm not sure I'd want him on the outside.

Both the Lions and Bears had great picks in rounds 1 and 2.  The Lions continued the momentum with solid picks in rounds 3 and 4.  Bears were more hit and miss filling out their draft.  

Packers come in a distant 4th.  Stokes was a reach.  Perhaps a reaction to run on CBs.  Meyers is okay, but I liked other OL better (but GB does a good job of developing OL).  Rodgers was a good pick.  Newman and Slayton have  rotational value.   Hill was worth a late round flyer. 

• Like 1

It was interesting to see how teams drafted.   The atmosphere surrounding Green Bay just makes me tingle, but Aaron Rodgers suiting up means they'll be good.    If he leaves/quits, they'll be 6-11 or so.

Detroit's doing everything they can to avoid the cellar cloud hanging over their heads.   They seemed to have a good draft, but their defense has to jump into the top 10 for them to avoid despair.   

Chicago's going to miss Mack's prime years.    I don't think the D can't carry the team while Fields grows into the NFL.   He could be one dangerous player, but I'm secretly hoping he's just another OSU self-absorbed QB who completely dumps in the NFL.  

The chess pieces to me?  1.)  Did the Vikes do enough to bolster both lines?    Can the pending O-line prevent middle pressure and limit sacks to 1 per game average, while maintaining run blocking efficiency?  2.)   Can the D-Line get 1 more sack per game than the Oline gives up?   3.)   Can the front 7 limit rushers to 100 yards per game.   4.)   What will the defensive backfield look like if 2 injuries happen?   With all the returns and this draft, I feel like youthful energy and depth improved the right way for the Vikes.   

• Like 1

From Pete Prisco, CBSSports:

Chicago Bears: B+

Best pick: It was making the bold move to trade up and get quarterback Justin Fields. Yes, they gave up a lot, but he will be the second-best quarterback in this class. 

Worst pick: They didn't have a lot of picks, so it's tough to find one. If anything, it's giving up so many picks to land Fields and second-round tackle Teven Jenkins. 

The skinny: The Bears were aggressive, and it was the smart thing to do. This regime needs to win now, and they drafted like it. They don't care about the future — even if they wouldn't admit it. Getting Fields will define this draft.

Detroit Lions: B+

Best pick: Second-round defensive lineman Levi Onwuzurike was used the wrong way at Washington as a nose tackle. His talent was hidden some, but it will show up on the next level. 

Worst pick: They needed a young corner, but I think Ifeatu Melifonwu is just OK in the fourth round. 

The skinny: The Lions went big, big, big with their first three picks, which is the right way to build a team. With Chris Spielman and Dan Campbell calling the shots along with GM Brad Holmes, you knew they would pick big players. I like it. 

Green Bay Packers: B

Best pick: Some might say taking corner Eric Stokes in the first round is a questionable move, but I love it. He can run and he will give them a nice player to join Jaire Alexander. 

Worst pick: It's not a player, but it's waiting until the fourth round to take an offensive tackle. They have a major need there. 

The skinny: They didn't draft a receiver to appease Aaron Rodgers in the first two rounds, which I respect. They took a corner in the first, but they did help Rodgers with two offensive linemen and receiver Amari Rodgers with their next three picks. Did it make Rodgers happy enough? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2021-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams-dolphins-among-three-to-earn-a-raiders-part-of-worst-trio/

• Like 1