ITT We Discuss Hugh Freeze's Unemployment Claim

ramssuperbowl99

Guys, a meme here or there is not a problem, but let's just not post meme after meme.  

Also, I have a feeling this topic has a good chance of turning inappropriate given the nature of the news.  Let's keep the focus on football.  

The football take is actually pretty straighforward. Hugh Freeze was instrumental in Ole Miss paying recruits that elevated the program, and now they have sanctions coming so they won't get anybody half way decent to coach that program.

They won't be relevant for a few years. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbh I could see Hugh taking the traditional SEC route to Auburn: commit to SEC school that is not Auburn, get into legal trouble, go to JUCO for a year, Auburn.

He gives Saban fits that's all that matters.

I would have liked this but that's too depressing a reality even for me.

It is a little comical that he got taken down by something (hopefully) not recruiting related, when it was clear they were breaking all kinds of rules to get the recruits that they did. 

Anyway, this will be a legitimate loss for Ole Miss. Their recruiting is going to plummet, which was basically the only thing that made them any good.

Any chance Matt Luke actually stays on as the head coach? Or is he just a placeholder until they find someone else to get things going back in the right direction there?

Archived