2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

Just now, ripsean21 said:

But if he pans out which who knows but if he did would you care?

You could’ve convinced me to give up multiple firsts for Fields. Willis? Absolutely not. No way. He’s a talented kid that probably would’ve been a second round pick in last years draft. I just don’t think there’s a big enough gap between Willis, Howell and Corral to make that move. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You could’ve convinced me to give up multiple firsts for Fields. Willis? Absolutely not. No way. He’s a talented kid that probably would’ve been a second round pick in last years draft. I just don’t think there’s a big enough gap between Willis, Howell and Corral to make that move. 

But the head on Willis honestly I think is above Fields in football processing speed and that to me with his tools and coachability matters. I actually really have to say throughout scouting Willis he’s been one of the most interesting and fun scouts I’ve ever done.

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I still think it's Willis or Ridder . 

If it’s Ridder I’d rather just use the picks for something else. He’s not a first round talent. He’s just Kellen Mond and Nick Foles. A guy you find in every draft. 

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

But the head on Willis honestly I think is above Fields in football processing speed and that to me with his tools and coachability matters. I actually really have to say throughout scouting Willis he’s been one of the most interesting and fun scouts I’ve ever done.

They need to win now. Anybody who thinks Rivera is just here for good is fooling themselves. As it currently stands this team is not winning 10-games. There is absolutely nobody that can convince me Trubisky changes that and we already know it can’t be accomplished with Heinecke. So basically, with the exception of trading for Watson, we’re looking at another 7-8 win season due to the QB position. Willis doesn’t change that. Pickett might but Willis? No way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

They need to win now. Anybody who thinks Rivera is just here for good is fooling themselves. As it currently stands this team is not winning 10-games. There is absolutely nobody that can convince me Trubisky changes that and we already know it can’t be accomplished with Heinecke. So basically, with the exception of trading for Watson, we’re looking at another 7-8 win season due to the QB position. Willis doesn’t change that. Pickett might but Willis? No way. 

I’ve seen a lot of crazy things with QB’s and all I know is I’ve seen a lot of not ready QB’s shine in camp and just be better then you thought once they took to coaching at a NFL level. Willis seems to have that makeup if I think back to traits and Qualities when you hear them interview and he just seems to have a silent confidence and I think this team would get behind that with the type of players we’ve seemed to target in years past. Just my opinion but I think he fits and when something fits it can surprise you

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree with this, especially when one of those picks was #19. Giving up pick #11 is a tougher pill to swallow — it’s not worlds different than pick 19, but by either major chart there’s a mid-late 2nd rounder more value in pick 11 than in pick 19. There’s no way I would give up more for Willis than for Fields, which is what doing a similar deal this year would mean. 

I also barely feel comfortable taking Willis (or Pickett) at 11. I absolutely couldn’t imagine giving up more than that for guys with such glaring question marks. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I agree with this, especially when one of those picks was #19. Giving up pick #11 is a tougher pill to swallow — it’s not worlds different than pick 19, but by either major chart there’s a mid-late 2nd rounder more value in pick 11 than in pick 19. There’s no way I would give up more for Willis than for Fields, which is what doing a similar deal this year would mean. 

I also barely feel comfortable taking Willis (or Pickett) at 11. I absolutely couldn’t imagine giving up more than that for guys with such glaring question marks. 

I understand that as well but do you trust this staff to be patient if they keep striking out on getting a player to come here?

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just cannot fathom giving up multiple first round picks to move up to pick Willis. I’d much rather sit at 11 and take Corral or Howell. 

You think Willis is less talented than either Jones or Fields? 

You would trade up for them last year, why the big change in philosophy?

I still stand by my opinion that outside of Lawrence last year there wasnt anything special. This year, I think Willis will have the biggest wow factor, but he isnt the "most talented" of the bunch. 

If you remove Trevor Lawrence from the draft class last year, I'd argue it's worse than this years. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is the situation we’re in. If we’re getting a QB this year our options are limited. IMO Id rather get Willis then settle for what falls to us. I wish I would know if Willis will be a star but let’s take that shot. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They were absolutely better prospects. Anybody saying otherwise is not being truthful. 

Justin Fields is trash. Mac Jones was drafted into the right system, anyone that thinks Mac Jones plays the way he did on ANY team is crazy. He will end up being a JAG. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Any of the 5 last year would likely be the #1 QB this year. 

I would disagree with this. Outside of Lawrence who is the runaway #1. Malik Willis is no less a project than Trey Lance. Justin Fields went to a school that has a history of terrible Pro QBs and he is the next in that lineage. Mac Jones would be somewhere in the Howell/Corral range.