2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So is he like a Shaq Thompson type?

As a prospect I’d say that’s a really good comp as far as all world ability and traits while being raw from playing multiple positions. But he’s actually even more athletic. Troy with a good LB coach will be a great player. He has really good LB instincts for a guy as young to the position as he is

As much as I know everyone wants a WR I tell you if Gardiner is there at 11 that’s the best pick we can make outside of Hamilton. This guy is a truely special player at the CB position. But no matter how many mocks no matter what the names are I think there are two players that improve our team the most. On Offense I think it’s Ridder. On defense it’s Nakobe Dean. I think Dean is the missing piece that brings all the talent personalities and game together. And I just love Ridders tools. If I’m a coach he has the best all around package.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Watching his highlights on YouTube after I heard about him a ton during the combine. He’s everywhere. He’s the type of guy that everyone is shocked when he gets picked in the first round. Incredible speed and closing ability. 

Yup. Yup. Yup. I was hoping he'd slip to the 3rd round before the combine. Now I don't think he makes it past the 2nd (or top of the 2nd).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Yup. Yup. I was hoping he'd slip to the 3rd round before the combine. Now I don't think he makes it past the 2nd (or top of the 2nd).

I’m def with you on this guy!!! I really was hoping during the year we could steal him in the 4th. But that’s not happening he’s going round two I truely believe he’s that good

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m def with you on this guy!!! I really was hoping during the year we could steal him in the 4th. But that’s not happening he’s going round two I truely believe he’s that good

I don't even think he makes it that far. He really seems like a Rivera-type guy as well and from what I've read they met with him already. I wouldn't be shocked if we moved back with the Steelers so they could pick a QB and we took him with their pick. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I don't even think he makes it that far. He really seems like a Rivera-type guy as well and from what I've read they met with him already. I wouldn't be shocked if we moved back with the Steelers so they could pick a QB and we took him with their pick. 

I wouldn’t either. He Cole and Jamin we’d have to have the fastest LB core in the league. They all run 4.40

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I would like them to trade with Pitt but They just signed Trubisky so I’m not sure they’ll be moving up. 

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I would like them to trade with Pitt but They just signed Trubisky so I’m not sure they’ll be moving up. 

I don't think it will completely stop them even if the odds did just drop. That said, Chargers are going all in now, so they are a trade up candidate. Saints are still fishing for a QB. Eagles might use some capital to move up since they'll have 3 first rounders to play with. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I don't think signing Trubisky should stop them from drafting a QB. He got like $7M a season to go there. 

15 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

As much as I know everyone wants a WR I tell you if Gardiner is there at 11 that’s the best pick we can make outside of Hamilton. This guy is a truely special player at the CB position. But no matter how many mocks no matter what the names are I think there are two players that improve our team the most. On Offense I think it’s Ridder. On defense it’s Nakobe Dean. I think Dean is the missing piece that brings all the talent personalities and game together. And I just love Ridders tools. If I’m a coach he has the best all around package.

Yeah, you probably can’t pass on Sauce if he’s there. I hate the idea of using even more asset value on the CB position, but he’d assuredly be the only top-tier guy left on the board for me if he was still available at 11. Maybe they could find a way to dump Jackson or Fuller for a draft pick if they took him.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, you probably can’t pass on Sauce if he’s there. I hate the idea of using even more asset value on the CB position, but he’d assuredly be the only top-tier guy left on the board for me if he was still available at 11. Maybe they could find a way to dump Jackson or Fuller for a draft pick if they took him.

I mean, there's no way Sauce Gardiner is there at 11. My guess is he's one of the Giants two picks. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, there's no way Sauce Gardiner is there at 11. My guess is he's one of the Giants two picks. 

This is where I’ve had him mocked since the day they signed Wink to be their DC. 

I agree, he won’t be there. The more likely CB conundrum is what the hell to do with Derek Stingley if/when he is there. 

• Like 1