2021 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

If the 2021 1st Round turns into EDC's 'special round', as it looks like it may, the quip commentary you will hear over and over is that it might not have been possible to get both talents without a COVID afflicted 2020 season for Bateman and 0 Sack season for Oweh. Don't think that's an incorrect read on the situation either. 

5 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I would like to see the Ravens use Bateman instead of Hollywood on some of those WR screens. Hollywood's speed is negated on those plays because he can't really run through contact (he fumbled on one of those plays).

I’m not mad at Hollywood getting those touches. I would just rather them get peppered in rather than being the go to play on 3rd and long

On 11/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, AngusMcFife said:

I would like to see the Ravens use Bateman instead of Hollywood on some of those WR screens. Hollywood's speed is negated on those plays because he can't really run through contact (he fumbled on one of those plays).

Normally small speedy guys can make guys miss with their shiftiness, but it seems like Hollywood's ability to do that only turns on after 10 yards. 

• 2 weeks later...

The boon of having guys like Houston, Campbell, McPhee, and even Bowser around Oweh is obvious. Parsons though, will probably deserve some credit in the end too. Having a college teammate turned NFL peer be your direct competition for postseason hardware is a significant and no doubt motivating factor. Pretty much a lock for Parsons to nab DROY, but in the end it still feels like we'll benefit from it. These guys are clearly pushing each other each and every week and I see that continuing throughout their careers. Reminds me of the LSU WR crew that has taken the league by storm these past couple years. 

Micah's quote tweet cuts it off, but PFF's graphic has Parsons 1st and Oweh T-5th in pressures by a Rookie through Week 12 since 2006(that's when PFF started tracking IIRC). So far so good for young Oweh.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...