2021 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

13 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Everyone looks "great" in OTA's. I liked him as a prospect but I still believe Bateman was the right receiver for us.. Moore is a lot like Hollywood 

I thought Bateman was the right choice as well.

Posting content about Moore isn't an attack on Rashod or anything. Elijah was a favorite of this forum and who we would've picked if Bateman was unavailable. So I think it will be interesting to track his progress throughout the season. Traditionally in the Rookie thread we keep tabs on draft class forum favorites even if they go to other squads too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Harbaugh really has his work cut out for him this year. Having the Joker and  Batman in one locker room could bring a unique set of challenges. 

Elqw7xKX0AIZrLi.jpg

i'll break you in tow - Batman Beyond Gif (108787)

Seriously though, I hope this is as far as the team goes with this stuff. If Ricard or someone starts posting riddles all over social media,.. I may have to re-evaluate things.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rousseau already looking like a problem. Cool to see. Was pretty close to becoming a Raven, came down to him or Oweh. The Bateman/Moore and Oweh/Rousseau comparison will be a fun one to follow for years to come. Can't wait to see our own guys debut!

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Rousseau already looking like a problem. Cool to see. Was pretty close to becoming a Raven, came down to him or Oweh. The Bateman/Moore and Oweh/Rousseau comparison will be a fun one to follow for years to come. Can't wait to see our own guys debut!

Not sure if that was an impressive display of power by Rousseau or terrible technique for Sewell. 

I can't wait to see Oweh out there tonight, I have high hopes for him!!

22 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Agreed. Will be very interesting to diagnose when the vision becomes 20/20.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha Holy Sh*t guys!!. This is definitely @Danand😆😆 We thought Ar'Darius Washington might bring him out of retirement in some capacity, but I didn't see him popping up on one of Ken's podcasts. He's always been an undersized DB enthusiast(was one himself as well). So it's cool he got to link up with Ken and discuss a young Raven who meets that criteria and just in general has been balling out for us. There was some nervous(maybe thought gathering) pauses that were a little ponderous and the breathing into the mic got a little loud at times, but for a non native speaker his English was strong and overall he acquitted himself well for a first appearance imo. Seems like he got into a few heated discussions a while back then decided to stop posting here, but I'm happy to see he's still really into the team and members(past or present) of our little community here participating in other Ravens fandom ventures is great.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Hahaha Holy Sh*t guys!!. This is definitely @Danand😆😆 We thought Ar'Darius Washington might bring him out of retirement in some capacity, but I didn't see him popping up on one of Ken's podcasts. He's always been an undersized DB enthusiast(was one himself as well). So it's cool he got to link up with Ken and discuss a young Raven who meets that criteria and just in general has been balling out for us. There was some nervous(maybe thought gathering) pauses that were a little ponderous and the breathing into the mic got a little loud at times, but for a non native speaker his English was strong and overall he acquitted himself well for a first appearance imo. Seems like he got into a few heated discussions a while back then decided to stop posting here, but I'm happy to see he's still really into the team and members(past or present) of our little community here participating in other Ravens fandom ventures is great.

We've officially made it. We're big time, now!

@sp6488 I had found Dan's twitter before when scrolling Ravens content(funny enough Ken's article comments IIRC) and PM'd him to see if he was cool with me possibly linking his content/profile. He said with a laugh that he was and the only thing personal on there were pictures of his fat and fluffy house cat. So no worries on that front, we've long since had the green light. He did say he appreciated my concern for his privacy at the time though, so I'm sure he appreciates your consideration on that front as well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not big on rotating offensive lineman, so hopefully Bigger Ben takes the full job soon enough. Harbaugh always takes a little bit of time with Rookie OL(Except for Tyre Phillips for some reason) and Cleveland barely played during the preseason. Seems like he had a more than fine NFL debut though.

Brandon Stephens was clearly benched after his like 3rd 'missed tackle contributing to massive play' issue against KC and I'm wondering if that will carry over to our game against Detroit. I'm all for letting Stone and Washington get their shot. I think it was a concussion designation for Elliot last night so he should still get the start on Sunday, but we rotate in a 3rd Safety enough for one of those other guys to get a chance to prove themselves.