2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If Linderbaum is available at our pick in the early 20’s do you take him and convert him or James to RG or LG? Could be a quick way to inject elite talent into our OL. 

Seeing the Chiefs transform their OL in one year and hitting on Humphrey gives me hope that we can do the same. 

Interior Oline value can be had later in the draft.  Look what KC did last year when they took Humphrey in the 2nd and Trey Smith in the 6th. 

The only way you spend a 1st on interior Oline is if that prospect is in the realm of Q Nelson.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Interior Oline value can be had later in the draft.  Look what KC did last year when they took Humphrey in the 2nd and Trey Smith in the 6th. 

The only way you spend a 1st on interior Oline is if that prospect is in the realm of Q Nelson.  

Trey smith only fell because of medicals the chiefs lucked out 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve heard several people say Leal could really slide.  Much like Isaiah Simmons in 2020, it’ll take a a DC who has a plan for Leal.  

Isaiah Simmons fell to #8 overall. This years DT crop is extremely weak and Leal is poised to blow up the combine.

Depends on which board you check Leal is anywhere from top 10 to fringe first round. I would lean towards Kiper & McShay being correct as they don't actually scout players they just canvas opinions from GMs which gives a more accurate feel of how the NFL is looking.

Edited by Jraider91

3 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Depends on which board you check Leal is anywhere from top 10 to fringe first round. I would lean towards Kiper & McShay being correct as they don't actually scout players they just canvas opinions from GMs which gives a more accurate feel of how the NFL is looking.

The draft is razor thin at DT, particularly near the top of the draft. The only two guys that will get first round grades are Davis and Leal. Davis isn't scheme versatile, he's a two down player who will only be considered by some teams. Leal dealt with some injuries and was suspended for marijuana this season, plus was somewhat pigeon holed into different roles depending on injuries to other guys. But he has shown the ability to rush the passer from DE or 3T, will have a great combine, and is the only 3T in the draft that projects as a high impact player.

During his first two seasons at A&M he had 4.5 sacks/12.5 TFL, in 1 games this season he had 8.5 sacks/12.5 TFL.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The draft is razor thin at DT, particularly near the top of the draft. The only two guys that will get first round grades are Davis and Leal. Davis isn't scheme versatile, he's a two down player who will only be considered by some teams. Leal dealt with some injuries and was suspended for marijuana this season, plus was somewhat pigeon holed into different roles depending on injuries to other guys. But he has shown the ability to rush the passer from DE or 3T, will have a great combine, and is the only 3T in the draft that projects as a high impact player.

During his first two seasons at A&M he had 4.5 sacks/12.5 TFL, in 1 games this season he had 8.5 sacks/12.5 TFL.

Watching his highlights he gets a decent amount of sacks from 4-3 DE and a few from 3-4 DE. His versatility should help, his pressure numbers very average this year. Don't see top 10 but should be a surefire 1st rounder.

If a team thinks they can make a 3T out of Travon Walker, he will go ahead of both Davis & Leal imo. 

Edited by Jraider91

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Watching his highlights he gets a decent amount of sacks from 4-3 DE and a few from 3-4 DE. His versatility should help, his pressure numbers very average this year. Don't see top 10 but should be a surefire 1st rounder

I think a lot with Leal will come down to the combine. He played at a ton at DE but projects as a DT so it will just depend on how teams feel. He's someone that I think will have a great combine though which typically pushes guys up draft boards and he's coming off of a 1st team All-SEC/All-American season.

I also wouldn't be opposed to going DE in the first round. I love Yannick/Maxx and I think Koonce has some potential but our two star edge rushers wore down as the season went on and Koonce hardly played. Adding another talented edge rusher to rotate in with those guys would keep them all fresh, especially if it's someone that can slide inside at times as well. 

Travon Walker out of UGA is someone that caught my eye but I need to watch more.

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're killing me Frankie, Linderbaum is my homer man crush. lol

• Like 2