2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Leatherwood is just in over his head as a starter in the NFL. If the game slows down for him heshould improve a lot going into the second season.

Exactly! Leatherwood wasn’t physically dominated, he made mental errors that are correctable and/or learnable.  Rookies need time to develop.  I’m hoping we move to a man/power blocking system like NE had because I think it better suits Leatherwood and Good.  

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Leatherwood didn't do anything this season that suggests he can be counted on as a starter going forward.

We get it you think Leatherwood is trash.  You’ve made it clear.  You want to complain about his faults? Well, penalties were a great chunk of that.  All the while your super high on Tyler Smith, who himself had a really bad penalty problem.  I like Smith alot as a G but he’s equally as flawed as well as talented a prospect as Leatherwood is.  

26 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly! Leatherwood wasn’t physically dominated, he made mental errors that are correctable and/or learnable.  Rookies need time to develop.  I’m hoping we move to a man/power blocking system like NE had because I think it better suits Leatherwood and Good.  

He was, though. Leatherwood's main issues were foot quickness and agility. These were the same issues he had in college.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the whole left side/right side thing is a myth. Parker has been a right tackle for 4 seasons, and he still isn't good. Orlando Brown Jr. switched sides with no issue. Sam Cosmi, a rookie who played left at Texas, was one of the better right tackles when healthy. Penei Sewell, too.

There might be growing pains when switching sides, but a player should adapt sooner that later.

Like all things in life everyone is different.  Some learn at different speeds and some will never get it.  Go back and watch the games Parker played for Miller.  He looked like a starting LT.  ON the right side he is not natural enough and is to slow to anchor so he gets pushed back into Carr.  I forgot who posted it but there was an article  about how Leatherwood keeps giving up the inside to DTs because his footwork is like he is on the left side.  So either Cable can not teach or they are just not meant to be on the right side.  Donald Penn went from being a pro bowler in back to back years to looking like a practice squad player in 2018.

30 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He was, though. Leatherwood's main issues were foot quickness and agility. These were the same issues he had in college.

52 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We get it you think Leatherwood is trash.  You’ve made it clear.  You want to complain about his faults? Well, penalties were a great chunk of that.  All the while your super high on Tyler Smith, who himself had a really bad penalty problem.  I like Smith alot as a G but he’s equally as flawed as well as talented a prospect as Leatherwood is.  

Leatherwood had issues in both areas.  To many penalties and his footwork was bad.  He can get better but he will benefit by getting moved to the left and having a different o-line coach (scheme)

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Physically dominated meaning lacking strength.  When someone says “he was physically dominated” that means the opponent physically dominated him.  Having issues with Foot quickness and agility is an internal problem, not something an opponent can do to you.

Leatherwood needs to improve some areas yes, but his issues this year were self caused not because the opponent did it to him.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I just don't think it's smart to pencil someone in as a potential starter that was one of the worst OG in the league and wasn't drafted by the new regime. 

• Like 1

22. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

53. Kaiir Elam | CB | Florida 

86. Christian Watson | WR | North Dakota State

122. Troy Andersen | LB | Montana State 

162. Tyler Vrabel | OT | Boston College

163. Cade Mays | OG | Tennessee

223. Bubba Bolden | S | Miami (FL)

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't think it's smart to pencil someone in as a potential starter that was one of the worst OG in the league and wasn't drafted by the new regime. 

This from The guy who once penciled Maliek Collins in as the star of our defense and said:

Maliek Collins was one of 5 defensive linemen in the NFL last season who were double teamed on more than 66% of their rushes last season. Drawing similar attention to All-Pro's Chris Jones and Aaron Donald. “

Pencil them in as a potential starter?  Do you realize how wishy-washy you sound? That’s not what I said exactly, but can you get any more non-committal then “pencilling” a 2nd year 1st round pick in as a “potential starter”.  The irony is you said that wouldn’t be smart lol.

anyways, rookies usually struggle.  Leatherwood did.  While he had bad moments and penalties he also has good ones too.  Your drastically over stating his negatives and ignoring his positives.  You have an agenda and are pushing it. He’ll improve with time.  He’s best suited to play LG and in a man/power Scheme like NE and McD have employed for years.  

It’s not stupid to think It’s more likely then not AL starts at the beginning of next season.  He very well could continue to struggle.  But it’s more likely then not, I’d venture to say very likely, that AL will start at one of the G spots next year week 1.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Don't think Elam gets out of the first, then switched your 1st and 2nd will be closer. 

28 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Don't think Elam gets out of the first, then switched your 1st and 2nd will be closer. 

It seems a little optimistic but who wants to have a mock with a 2nd rounder in the first besides Mayock and a 5th rounder in the second besides McKenzie, lol.

Elam could fall.  He’s a guy who needs to fit the scheme a little more so then a guy like McCreary, whose also in that late 1st to mid 2nd range. I’d say it’s unlikely he’s there but definitely not out of the question.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

It seems a little optimistic but who wants to have a mock with a 2nd rounder in the first besides Mayock and a 5th rounder in the second besides McKenzie, lol.

Elam could fall.  He’s a guy who needs to fit the scheme a little more so then a guy like McCreary, whose also in that late 1st to mid 2nd range. I’d say it’s unlikely he’s there but definitely not out of the question.

He is late 1st at the moment by most mock drafts, it depends how he tests but teams will love his length and size. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said: