2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What are the chances Wyatt is better than free agents Ogunjobi, Hill, Fatukasi, Reed, etc.? I like Wyatt, but not at 22.

I rarely will advocate for a DT, LB, or S on the first round. There are too many examples of good players being found later. And, the elite guys at DT tend to have athletic profiles that really stand out. Wyatt seems like another quality, but not elite, DT, of which there ate many.

Can we afford ogunjobi hill and reed? I doubt it. 

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Two of the three, yes. The third can doesn't have to be a first rounder. Is Wyatt that much better than Mathis, Jones, Winfrey, Farrell or a host of other guys that can be had later?

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Two of the three, yes. The third can doesn't have to be a first rounder. Is Wyatt that much better than Mathis, Jones, Winfrey, Farrell or a host of other guys that can be had later?

Where are we getting the room? Each is gonna go for 10+

Yes I think he is. His movement skills are definitely rare for the DT position. That and his production/play make him worth a late 1st to me. You can make a strong argument about this for any position in the draft.

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Point is, guys like Wyatt are a dime-a-dozen in free agency and aren't expensive enough that the rookie contract is much of an advantage. Receivers, on the other hand, routinely get paid big money. Nelson Agholor got $11 million in a low cap year.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ogunjobi had 7 sacks at the DT position and is going to be 28 next year.

Considering the going rate for defensive tackles, I'll respectfully disagree.

The going rate for defensive tackles isn't high compared to receiver. Even non elite receivers get $15-20 million a year. As I wrote, Nelson Agholor got $11 million last year.

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I tried it and you have to reign yourself in to be realistic on trades, you can get like 6 2nd round picks. And some of the CPU drafting is ridiculous. Chargers took Sam Howell on one I did lol 

Jermaine Johnson is guy i've been watching tons of reps of. He has dominated the bowl by all accounts, need to see his SPARQ scores as crucial for EDGE but I am blown away by that and his tape. Very polished, lots of moves and strong against the run. 

If we moved off Yannick (potentially a trade?) he seems very much a Patriot type DE/OLB hybrid. 

4 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

I tried it and you have to reign yourself in to be realistic on trades, you can get like 6 2nd round picks. And some of the CPU drafting is ridiculous. Chargers took Sam Howell on one I did lol 

Interesting I just liked that it had trades and was free lol

• Like 1