2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 2/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, BayRaider said:

I disagree that's it a great WR class. 2020 and 2021 WR classes were absolutely fantastic. This one is definitely a drop off. The only WR's I kind of love are Drake London and Garrett Wilson. I don't think I would draft any other WR at pick 22. 

This is a great defensive draft class, best one in a while. I'm definitely not forcing a WR pick if there's a better player on the big board. 

well again i think there are some good WR prospects and even a few 3rd/4th round potential steals. def more defensive but if 3 -4 wrs go in first that's pretty solid

I would hate to draft another guard in the first but man Kenyon Green seems like a stud. Would you draft the BPA and go Green and get a guy with all pro potential who can really open open the run game. Could come back day 2 and go get a WR, best defensive player both are deep, or even a RT. Kenyon Green has that pro bowl ceiling, he's going be a great one. I think Leatherwood comes around in year 2, and James is solid in my book

Miller - Leatherwood- James- Green - RT TBD

I really like that core OL. Could really help DC and Jacobs 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would hate to draft another guard in the first but man Kenyon Green seems like a stud. Would you draft the BPA and go Green and get a guy with all pro potential who can really open open the run game. Could come back day 2 and go get a WR, best defensive player both are deep, or even a RT. Kenyon Green has that pro bowl ceiling, he's going be a great one. I think Leatherwood comes around in year 2, and James is solid in my book

I only do that if I believe Leatherwood is playing RT.  If Leatherwood stays at G I keep Good and look for a RT on day 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Zion from bc is better and can play literally any oline position 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I only do that if I believe Leatherwood is playing RT.  If Leatherwood stays at G I keep Good and look for a RT on day 2.

sign proven RT, hold spot for 2-3 years build interior on both sides of ball. then draft RT

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

sign proven RT, hold spot for 2-3 years build interior on both sides of ball. then draft RT

How much are you paying for the RT?  Moses is projected to get around $7.5 and that is money we have to be careful with.  I think if nothing else Good can play RT at $4 million.  2022 is going to be a tough cap year and will say a lot about how this new regime will run things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

How much are you paying for the RT?  Moses is projected to get around $7.5 and that is money we have to be careful with.  I think if nothing else Good can play RT at $4 million.  2022 is going to be a tough cap year and will say a lot about how this new regime will run things.

Good sure.. but rather have good for depth at RT.. or else we go right back to where we started.  Proven RT may he worth it versus anotherr keatherwood situation

22 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Good sure.. but rather have good for depth at RT.. or else we go right back to where we started.  Proven RT may he worth it versus anotherr keatherwood situation

I would love a vet RT but just pointing out the money situation for this year. 2023 would be easy to do.  Good in my opinion can be close to top 10 level at G so I would love to keep him there but our hands my be tied this year.

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Zion from bc is better and can play literally any oline position 

I really don’t think Zion Johnson can play LT or really even RT in the NFL.  I understand he played LT last year, but the guys 6’2.75 with 33.875” Arms and that’s not likely to work on the edge in the NFL.  The guys the top G prospect and can play C too…. But he ain’t a OT. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really don’t think Zion Johnson can play LT or really even RT in the NFL.  I understand he played LT last year, but the guys 6’2.75 with 33.875” Arms and that’s not likely to work on the edge in the NFL.  The guys the top G prospect and can play C too…. But he ain’t a OT. 

lol that would be the Raiders to draft Zion and force him as the RT

28 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ever heard of isiah Wynn a guy the pats drafted. 

if measurables were that important leatherdude should be a god ot….

“The Patriots have shown they aren't afraid to adjust their size requirements at tackle in the past. Matt Light was on the shorter end for a starting tackle under Bill Belichick at a shade under 6-foot-5, about two inches taller than Wynn. Belichick has not drafted a tackle in New England with hands smaller than nine inches. 

Working in Wynn's favor is that his arms (about 33.5 inches) are standard-issue length for Patriots tackles. Light's arms were 33.5 inches. Sebastian Vollmer's were 33.25 inches. But when it comes to height and hand size, Wynn would kind of be breaking the mold.”

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I would love a vet RT but just pointing out the money situation for this year. 2023 would be easy to do.  Good in my opinion can be close to top 10 level at G so I would love to keep him there but our hands my be tied this year.

You think Good is a top 10 guard in the league?  I say that without any attitude and actually curious of your opinion.  I like the guy and all but that’s pretty high up there.  At this point he is who he is, I don’t expect major changes for the 30 year old In his 7th season. 

If anything I think Good stand a 1/3 chance to Get cut.  Good came here an often injured, career back-up who did have some Starting experience.  He had few good games for us starting in ‘19 and then had 1 rather good season in ‘20, but he did miss a couple games too.  But the guy missed all of last year with injury.  His Salary isn’t guaranteed and 4.18M goes close to half way to signing a highly rated G or RT in FA.  I’m just saying Good isn’t a lock to even make the team.  But I’m not advocating his release either.  I’d be very happy to go into the season with Leatherwood and Good as our G’s, especially now that we’re moving to a power blocking system.  If we do keep Good, I can’t say I wouldn’t be rather scared Good ends up getting hurt and missing a significant number of games.   This is really a situation that could go either way.  I will say we should only release Good if we can use that money to get a good deal on a very limited number of G’s (Tomlinson, Daniels, Norwell, Corbett) or RT (Moses).  

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

lol that would be the Raiders to draft Zion and force him as the RT

Stuck in the old cable guy way of thought with olinemen I see. 

"We covet three things when we look for offensive linemen," Scarnecchia said before Super Bowl LII. "They have to be smart, they have to be tough, and they have to be athletic enough."

Nothing in there about arm length.

"That [expletive] is way overrated," he told reporters on Friday afternoon.