2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

I’m going on record and saying in NOT a Burks fan, for the Raiders.  I knew he wasn’t going to run that well.  Some people said he had high 4.3 to low 4.4 speed.  That wasn’t what the tape showed me.  I figured he had 4.53-4.57 speed.  4.55 isn’t bad, at all.  He can be a good possession WR.  I just think we need a speed guy.  I should say that better:  I think we need a “separator” who can win on deep routes.  Sounds like a funny distinction but there’s some micro differences there.  

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m going on record and saying in NOT a Burks fan, for the Raiders.  I knew he wasn’t going to run that well.  Some people said he had high 4.3 to low 4.4 speed.  That wasn’t what the tape showed me.  I figured he had 4.53-4.57 speed.  4.55 isn’t bad, at all.  He can be a good possession WR.  I just think we need a speed guy.  I should say that better:  I think we need a “separator” who can win on deep routes.  Sounds like a funny distinction but there’s some micro differences there.  

eh burks going to be stud imo regardless. 

40 time never mattered for burks for me. 

but speed guy obviously a need but meed right speed guy who is more mclauren than john ross

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

4.2 and Low 4.3 requires teams to play you completely differently. One of the reasons we were so successful with Ruggs.

Your absolutely right.  That type of speed requires teams to have their safeties move back and more importantly concentrate their attentions on that WR before every snap.  It even changes the way CBs cover. Going against that speed there’s no recovering from a mistake.  

I really hope we add some speed to the WR position.

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

eh burks going to be stud imo regardless. 

40 time never mattered for burks for me. 

but speed guy obviously a need but meed right speed guy who is more mclauren than john ross

Yeah… again don’t dislike Burks overall, just not for us IMO.  I also was simply saying it Was obvious from the tape Burks wasn’t “fast”. 

the mclauren comp is exactly who I think we need.  That’s why I want Wilson.  Sadly the rumor is we were going to take McLauren in the 3rd (and he ended up being available) but we traded the pick for AB.  I really wanted McLauren that year too.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

There was a new guy doing the manual time so that is why you’re seeing some not so normal time adjustments 

I wonder if the 4.21 stands.  
i say this totally joking…. “A new guy”, like they decided to give a stop watch to a temp hire or something?  Instead of a guy  seasoned scout with years and years of timing under his belt?  I can just imagine the original guy called in sick at the last minute and some over eager guy just piped up and said “I can do it!”…. then ducked it all up.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I wonder if the 4.21 stands.  
i say this totally joking…. “A new guy”, like they decided to give a stop watch to a temp hire or something?  Instead of a guy  seasoned scout with years and years of timing under his belt?  I can just imagine the original guy called in sick at the last minute and some over eager guy just piped up and said “I can do it!”…. then ducked it all up.

No the 4.21 didn’t hold up. 4.28 was the correct time. 

Saw it on Twitter that the guy who usually would do it is no longer doing the manual time. 

This whole times changing thing just goes to show you had little difference there is between 4.21 and 4.39.  There’s 4 tiers of speed for me:  

ultra fast (Ruggs,Tyreek Hill) sub 4.35ish

fast  sub 4.45

Average sub 4.55

slow 4.55+

* the whole numbers thing does go against my point, in just using them as a way of expressing my idea

To think because WR1 ran a 4.29 and WR2 ran 4.35 there is a difference in their speed is an odd notion to me.  These numbers are just a test on a single day.

• Like 1

4.39 for Olave seems more accurate. He looks like a 4.42ish on tape and Wilson looks on tape exactly what he ran: about a 4.37ish. 

Wilson is probably the best fit for McDaniels Offense. Good route runner, 4.3 speed, would be a screen monster, lots of wiggle, good hips, good YAC ability. Depends what type of WR you are looking for, but he’s a very complete WR in McDaniels scheme. 

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

This whole times changing thing just goes to show you had little difference there is between 4.21 and 4.39.  There’s 4 tiers of speed for me:  

ultra fast (Ruggs,Tyreek Hill) sub 4.35ish

fast  sub 4.45

Average sub 4.55

slow 4.55+

* the whole numbers thing does go against my point, in just using them as a way of expressing my idea

To think because WR1 ran a 4.29 and WR2 ran 4.35 there is a difference in their speed is an odd notion to me.  These numbers are just a test on a single day.

exactly. I say

sub 4.35 - ultra speed. best of the best

4.35-4.4 is fast as hell, great speed

4.4- 4.49 - fast, good speed

4.5-4.6 average 

4.6 plus kinda slow athletic testing

Guys just can shine if they hit it out of the park with a timed speed, or get red flagged for testing horrible. Being a second faster or slower isn't going to kill someone 

Edited by Humble_Beast