2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

58 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s not gonna be popular but I’m really big on Jordan Davis in round one. Makes your run defense better from the get go. Another thing it does is free up the LBs to attack down hill and run free.  The best thing it does is free up Crosby and Yannick and creates a lot of one on one situations for them. 

I know it’s not sexy but it’s a pick that immediately makes the team better. In college it was easy to go no huddle to keep him in check and on the sideline but In the NFL where no huddle is hardly ever ran at a pace like that will help him out a lot and allow him to stay on the field longer. Graham has a history of really liking the big dogs up front and Davis would be ideal in his defense. Add a CB in FA and get another safety and you could have a very good defense

I honestly wouldn't be mad at all. I feel like we are always drafting CBs and where has it got us? The game is still won in the trenches and we should always be hitting that area hard until we dominant both sides of the ball upfront. We actually have one of the best edge tandems in the league, so DT makes sense. Unless there's some all world, can't miss player at LB, Cb then I prefer to have solid players at those spots. Rather be known for having a great DL, good safeties, solid LBs and CBS

• Like 1

Every team that wins the super bowl has a great defensive line. Bucs last year, Rams set the record for sacks. The difference in both games. Our team DL was good last year, and it almost let us upset the Bengals. Thats with no WR1, half the o line sucked, and a special teams coach as the head coach. came down to the last play to beating the team who made the super bowl.

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

And Faalele 384! 85 inch wingspan! Dude has arms so long they said he missed the entire top when he went to rack the bar after his bench press!

brings me to this question 

• Bernhard Rainman
  • Daniel Faalele
  • TREVOR PENNING

all these guys are huge, athletic, length, high ceiling, but raw. all are interesting at 22. How do you rank these 3 and who do you compare them too?

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Bernhard Rainman
  • Daniel Faalele
  • TREVOR PENNING

all these guys are huge, athletic, length, high ceiling, but raw. all are interesting at 22. How do you rank these 3 and who do you compare them too?

I am not sure Faalele goes in the first round. Purely due to his lack of experience. Add that to a position that usually takes time to learn in the pros ala Miller. I wouldn't want him until late 2 early 3. Just my opinion of course. Penning will be a first rounder I think. But if it's him or Booth or say Olave then I would probably have to go with Booth or Olave if you get what I mean. And for the same reason. Linemen seem to take more time to develop than the others. Now if all needs have been met in fa then everything changes. Because I would go BPA. I'd love it if the front office did too. But I'd have to see it happen before I would believe it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Bernhard Rainman
  • Daniel Faalele
  • TREVOR PENNING

nm.. Rainman is 24, I don't like him in the 1st. lol 

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

I am not sure Faalele goes in the first round. Purely due to his lack of experience. Add that to a position that usually takes time to learn in the pros ala Miller. I wouldn't want him until late 2 early 3. Just my opinion of course. Penning will be a first rounder I think. But if it's him or Booth or say Olave then I would probably have to go with Booth or Olave if you get what I mean. And for the same reason. Linemen seem to take more time to develop than the others. Now if all needs have been met in fa then everything changes. Because I would go BPA. I'd love it if the front office did too. But I'd have to see it happen before I would believe it.

I think Faalele is a 2nd round lock, and likely to be early 2nd. I could see a team fall in love in the 20s. Dude is a freak and can play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Bernhard Rainman
  • Daniel Faalele
  • TREVOR PENNING

Rainman might sneak into the 1st but I think will be a sure 2nd rounder.  He has some flaws but has performed well.  Should fit well in a zone blocking scheme. 

Faalele not running is a red flag.  The reason why Orlando Brown fell to the 3rd after being a dominate force in college was the 40 and overall athletic profile.  The 5.4 mark and higher is a red flag for teams.  The bust rate is extremely high for those players.  If he can run and have decent athletic numbers he would be a 2nd rounder easily and possibly sneak into the 1st.  From what I have read he will be viewed favorably by a quick passing attack offense but not a vertical passing attack.

Penning Could end up a top ten pick now.  If he is there at 22 I would be very tempted.  He has checked all the boxes at the combine, senior bowl, and game tape.  My favorite part is he is nasty and mean.  I want my RT to play every snap like man across from him slept with his girlfriend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Tank 

I want to see him run.  

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

starting to Vita/Ngata vibes

If you think he is Ngata type of player and he is there at 22 you do not even check to see who else is on the board.  I do not think he at that level as far as movement skills but he could be in the same class.  Ngata was just put together differently but Davis might have more straight line speed.  In fact I am almost positive he is faster and will run close to 5 flat.

• Like 1

tiers of tackles

Top 10:

• Neal
  • Ikem
  • Cross

1st:

• Penning

2nd:

• Faalele
  • Raimann
  • Petit-Frere
  • Kinnard

I think 2nd might be the sweet spot to draft a potential long term RT. go attack WR, CB in free agency 

then draft take care of the trenches with Jordan Davis, RT in the 2nd.....

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Davis 40 prob 5.2 imagine 4.9 at that size

How about 4.8. 1.68 split at that size is unreal.  I am officially on the Davis and Penning train.  Really want to see Jones run now.  You can add Jones to the list also.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 2