2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

Each point individually is fine. However, cost/draft picks/injury risk trifecta is too much imho.  Would rather have either Gallop or Chark. I think Gallop will cost much less as he’s going to be looking for a prove-it deal with the late ACL injury.

The Cowboys are moving on from Cooper to bring Gallup back and Chark is coming off of a fractured ankle. Not sure how Cooks who has missed 2 games over the last two seasons is more of an injury risk than Chark or Gallup who both suffered serious leg injuries last year.

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

And for what it’s worth, I worked for two years in a neuro/TBI unit for the Army. So I’m super biased against that sort of injury. His brains right now are basically scrambled eggs

Why hasn't he missed games then?

4 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

If that’s the cost, I want no part of it.  13Mil, high draft pick and a history of at least 5 concussions… no thank you.

A 2nd or 3rd round draft pick is overrated in this scenario imo. I'd rather gamble on Cooks, who is an established, well above average NFL player, over a crapshoot draft pick. With Cooks, you know what you're getting. You don't know who you're getting with a 2nd or 3rd round rookie.

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

A 2nd or 3rd round draft pick is overrated in this scenario imo. I'd rather gamble on Cooks, who is an established, well above average NFL player, over a crapshoot draft pick. With Cooks, you know what you're getting. You don't know who you're getting with a 2nd or 3rd round rookie.

Cooks has quietly been one of the most productive WR's in the league for a while. He put up 1,000 yards with Brees, Goff, Brady, Watson, and Mills so you know he's not scheme dependent. FWIW, Carr/Cooks are supposedly close friends as well. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I get it but I just don't see how you can say someone is an injury risk when they've missed 4 games across a 7 year span.

I think the injury prone thing specifically has been debunked and is what you’re referring to when you talk about how many games he’s missed over a period of time.

injury RISk implies that he has higher potential of another brain injury that would remove him from the game. Multiple concussion have been proven to have a cumulative effect with each one having significant increasing RISK. 

3 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I think the injury prone thing specifically has been debunked and is what you’re referring to when you talk about how many games he’s missed over a period of time.

injury RISk implies that he has higher potential of another brain injury that would remove him from the game. Multiple concussion have been proven to have a cumulative effect with each one having significant increasing RISK. 

I'd roll the dice on Cooks before someone coming off of a serious lower leg injury, but to each his own.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd roll the dice on Cooks before someone coming off of a serious lower leg injury, but to each his own.

Again, it’s the sum of draft picks, cost and risk.

in a bubble I’d agree. However I think if Gallup comes available, he’d be cheaper and it doesn’t cost draft picks.  Basically I’d rather have Gallup, a 2nd day receiver and more caproom than Cooks.

Like I said, I’m super biased against multiple TBIs. So, we can talk in a circle but my POV is unlikely to change as is yours I’m assuming.

9 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Again, it’s the sum of draft picks, cost and risk.

in a bubble I’d agree. However I think if Gallup comes available, he’d be cheaper and it doesn’t cost draft picks.  Basically I’d rather have Gallup, a 2nd day receiver and more caproom than Cooks.

Like I said, I’m super biased against multiple TBIs. So, we can talk in a circle but my POV is unlikely to change as is yours I’m assuming.

PFF has Gallup projected at 4 yr/$55M, Spotrac has his market value at 4 yr/$48M. So around $12-14M a year for a WR that has had average production and is coming off of a torn ACL. I'd gladly move a third for Cooks who has proven to be a consistent 1,000+ yard WR.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

PFF has Gallup projected at 4 yr/$55M, Spotrac has his market value at 4 yr/$48M. So around $12-14M a year for a WR that has had average production and is coming off of a torn ACL. I'd gladly move a third for Cooks who has proven to be a consistent 1,000+ yard WR.

Don’t know about Sport Trac, but the PFF was specifically prior to his injury. Literally just looked that up last night lol