2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

If he's healthy, Fuller is basically what Ruggs was supposed to be, he was on track for 1,000 yards in 2020 before he got suspended. His ability to stay healthy is just a huge if, he has missed 25 games over the last three seasons and has basically missed the last year and a half. I'm a fan of Fuller but it'd just be extremely risky to gamble on his health.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he's healthy, Fuller is basically what Ruggs was supposed to be, he was on track for 1,000 yards in 2020 before he got suspended. His ability to stay healthy is just a huge if, he has missed 25 games over the last three seasons and has basically missed the last year and a half. I'm a fan of Fuller but it'd just be extremely risky to gamble on his health.

tough to give any real money to him when you can sign a guy who will play full season with money

Just now, roi34 said:

tough to give any real money to him when you can sign a guy who will play full season with money

Yeah one of the things that makes him intriguing is that he'll likely take a 1 year deal that's incentive heavy. You also can't teach 4.2 speed but with how limited we are in terms of depth and cap space, I'm not sure we can afford to take a flier on him.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah one of the things that makes him intriguing is that he'll likely take a 1 year deal that's incentive heavy. You also can't teach 4.2 speed but with how limited we are in terms of depth and cap space, I'm not sure we can afford to take a flier on him.

no arguments.  wish we had few extra mill of cap space... need some restructures 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I like how many times I've read "if healthy" pertaining to Fuller lol. He's literally never played 16 games in a season. I'll take him for before the vet minimum and act like he's not even on the team bc that's how reliable he is

more and more it's shaping up like a draft wr market

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Totty said:

Disagree.  I believe fully Gruden was calling the shots.  

Mayock himself disagrees with you though so.....

"“We found the risk acceptable after doing more homework on Arnette than anybody we’ve done in the years I’ve been here,” Mayock added. “And obviously we missed. And that is 100% on me.”

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Hopefully a lot of WR's go in the top 21 picks. That would push down a stud player who would not have been there otherwise.

This is a double-edged sword for me. I see our offense before our team decided to turn into a soap opera last season and that team could compete w/ literally anyone. I want that back! At the same time, you're absolutely not wrong that we could potentially get a top 12 talent at 22 if there's a major run on WRs, regardless of position. 

I will say I'm 100% in on Jamo if he's there though. He's been healthy his entire collegiate career except that last game. We can't assume that will become a trend but there is absolutely a chance. That said, he's precisely what this team needs at that position and I have little doubt he's going to absolutely dominate in this league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mayock himself disagrees with you though so.....

"“We found the risk acceptable after doing more homework on Arnette than anybody we’ve done in the years I’ve been here,” Mayock added. “And obviously we missed. And that is 100% on me.”

Wtf is he supposed to say?  "Jon did it!"? 😂

• Like 2