2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Why not just let Jacobs play out his deal on a very team friendly salary this year, decline his option, and try to negotiate a longer term/less $ deal next offseason? I just don't see any value in trading away one of our most important players with no real solution to replace him, lol.

Would I rather trade Jacobs for a 4th (likely the max you’re getting) or keep him for 2022 and get nothing? I’d rather keep him and get nothing. We really are trying to win the Super Bowl this year, and Jacobs services will be needed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We don't have to pick up his 5th year option if we don't think he's worth $8M. We could always decline it, let him play the last year on his deal, and then offer him less with a longer deal or let him walk.

We could do that for sure. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You don't trade one of your best players that you're not financially committed too past this season because of hypothetical deals or cap space a year from now. Why couldn't we pick up his 5th year option and then trade him after the season? 

The Patriots also never traded multiple premium picks or gave WR's mega contracts, they just did it with Adams.

We would have extra cap space ($2m) this year. His trade value would be significantly less if he’s tied to an $8m contract, I mean that’s pretty obvious lol. 

Edited by Dessie

Just now, BayRaider said:

Would I rather trade Jacobs for a 4th (likely the max you’re getting) or keep him for 2022 and get nothing? I’d rather keep him and get nothing. We really are trying to win the Super Bowl this year, and Jacobs services will be needed. 

Yeah I'd rather just pay him this year, decline his option, then let him walk for the comp pick then trade him and have a huge hole at RB going into the season.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Why nothing?? The Raiders will get a comp pick for him.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Why not just let Jacobs play out his deal on a very team friendly salary this year, decline his option, and try to negotiate a longer term/less $ deal next offseason? I just don't see any value in trading away one of our most important players with no real solution to replace him, lol.

I agree with all of this except actually paying him next year. This will likely be Jacobs last year as a Raider. There’s always a chance Jacobs price tag will be low, but I doubt it will be low enough for it to actually be worth keeping him. You do not pay RB’s anything worthwhile in this league, they are one of the easiest replaceable positions. 

Just now, Dessie said:

We could do that for sure. Wo

We would have extra cap space ($2m) this year. His trade value would be significantly less if he’s tied to an $8m contract, I mean that’s pretty obvious. 

Considering McDaniels has sung his praises and he just changed his jersey number I doubt he's getting traded. 

What is that extra $2M in cap space going to do for us this season? We're going to have a bunch of cap open up in June regardless. And we don't have to pick up his 5th year option, lol. I'd rather have Jacobs and $2M less cap space this season while potentially losing him in free agency than a rookie RB.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Considering McDaniels has sung his praises and he just changed his jersey number I doubt he's getting traded. 

What is that extra $2M in cap space going to do for us this season? We're going to have a bunch of cap open up in June regardless. And we don't have to pick up his 5th year option, lol. I'd rather have Jacobs and $2M less cap space this season while potentially losing him in free agency than a rookie RB.

Why did you think we wouldn’t get any cap space or that we should try and trade him after picking up his option for $8m lol as if that would bring us a better pick than a comp pick lol.

I agree with all of this except actually paying him next year. This will likely be Jacobs last year as a Raider. There’s always a chance Jacobs price tag will be low, but I doubt it will be low enough for it to actually be worth keeping him. You do not pay RB’s anything worthwhile in this league, they are one of the easiest replaceable positions. 

Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Joe Mixon, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Alvin Kamara, Austin Ekeler, all got paid and seem to be giving pretty good return on investment. 

I just find it funny everyone acts like you can just find a mid round stud RB every year. Where are these dudes at?

Just now, Dessie said:

Why did you think we wouldn’t get any cap space or that we should try and trade him after picking up his option for $8m lol as if that would bring us a better pick than a comp pick lol.

I don't think we should trade him, I'd pick up his 5th year option and draft someone next year.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Joe Mixon, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Alvin Kamara, Austin Ekeler, all got paid and seem to be giving pretty good return on investment. 

I just find it funny everyone acts like you can just find a mid round stud RB every year. Where are these dudes at?

Lol Jacobs is no where close to those guys… and outside of Henry and Chubb, I still wouldn’t pay those guys market value. There are other important positions you have to worry about. You literally cannot pay every good player. 

Lol Jacobs is no where close to those guys… and outside of Henry and Chubb, I still wouldn’t pay those guys market value. There are other important positions you have to worry about. You literally cannot pay every good player. 

Joe Mixon was a huge part of the Bengals making the Super Bowl last season. 

Jacobs literally puts up 1,000+ every year and has improved a ton as a receiver out of the backfield. I'd ride him the next two seasons and then replace him.