2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

The members here will love you and then as soon as one thing comes up be screaming that you suck and we should trade you, lol.

I got a no trade clause, so no trading me.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't love Jacobs I just don't see the need to trade him for a mid round pick when we have no one to replace him

This, I buy.

You don’t create holes just so you can fill them, y’know? Giving him a 2nd contract might be a non starter, but moving him just to move him is bad business, too.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

11th most carries in 2019 3rd in 2020, 12th in 2021 

What's his combined YPC the last two seasons?

Jacobs is replaceable.. a good player but very replaceable. We simply aren't keeping him past this year (unless he has some weird Henry season). Carr and Adams contract combined with the fact he's not a superstar RB, there is no way we keep him, nor should we. It would be a very bad business decision. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I got a no trade clause, so no trading me.

This, I buy.

You don’t create holes just so you can fill them, y’know? Giving him a 2nd contract might be a non starter, but moving him just to move him is bad business, too.

We will trade some members of this fanbase for you. 

Yes I think the most likely scenario is that we decline his 5th year option, ride him hard this season, and then likely let him walk or offer him something like what Fournette just got: 3 yr/$21M.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Jacobs is replaceable.. a good player but very replaceable. We simply aren't keeping him past this year (unless he has some weird Henry season). Carr and Adams contract combined with the fact he's not a superstar RB, there is no way we keep him, nor should we. It would be a very bad business decision. 

I think we decline his 5th year option and then depending on how he performs offer him an extension like what Fournete got. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't love Jacobs I just don't see the need to trade him for a mid round pick when we have no one to replace him.

No one is saying this. No one wants to trade Jacobs for a mid round pick. Everyone wants to keep him for 2022 and try to win a Super Bowl. People are saying they don't want him for 2023 and beyond. I agree with you that trading Jacobs for a Midround 2022 draft pick would be beyond dumb. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If there's one big piece who's going to be traded I'd bet that it's Darren Waller.

Waller is way more important than Jacobs and a way way better player. Waller is at least a Top 60 player in the entire league. And the main reason McDaniels came here is because of Waller and Renfrow. TE and Slot WR are McDaniels two favorite positions. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

3.9 in 2020 4.0 in 2021 again behind a piss poor line.

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd personally pick up Jacobs 5th year option and let Renfrow play this season without an extension. 

I agree with this. I just think Renfrow stock will never be higher, and he is looking for a big pay day. I don't see us paying Adams, Waller and also the slot. This is a great class, could trade Hunter for a 2nd and use that pick for a WR in a legendary WR draft class. The incentive, we would have a cost control WR for the next 4 years, instead of a wideout looking for the bag in 2023. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We talking about this year it would be bad business to trade him I meant.

Edited by raidr4life

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I agree with this. I just think Renfrow stock will never be higher, and he is looking for a big pay day. I don't see us paying Adams, Waller big and also the slot. This is a great class, could trade Hunter for a 2nd and use that pick for a WR in a legendary WR draft class. The incentive, we would have a cost control WR for the next 4 years, instead of a wideout looking for the bag in 2023. 

I think Renfrow will regress to the mean and I don't think anyone is going to pay him huge money.

Do you see the Renfrow, Waller and Jacobs extensions being possible or will there be an odd man out? When might the team look to extend those players? — Nathaniel M.

I don’t see how you can pay all three. Jacobs seems set to get his fifth-year option picked up, but beyond that is anyone’s guess. Ziegler will blaze his own path rather than follow a “Patriots Way” manual, but there is no doubt that they have shaped some of his principles and they have never paid a veteran running back very much. And most of the thinking in the NFL these days says you shouldn’t.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If they can afford his fifth year option, cool. I'm not sure how it would fit with a Carr/Adams contract on the books. However, he's definitely not getting paid beyond that, and is definitely the odd man out.