2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

20 hours ago, Totty said:

We were too, but it's all paid for.  So we were like F it, it's still Vegas. 

debating whether to still go or not, thinking of hitting the circa and watching the 1st round from one of the pools. 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They're similar sizes and both are feisty, but Robertson is a dynamic return guy and definitely has it. I thought Robertson did too, but he hasn't really adjusted to the NFL like I thought.

It's hard to really judge any of our DB's just because of how bad our coaching has been though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's an intriguing sleeper for sure. 

Someone that we could potentially draft with one of our 5th round picks. I've also seen reports we could still go after Cooks but I doubt it with our current cap situation. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Someone that we could potentially draft with one of our 5th round picks. I've also seen reports we could still go after Cooks but I doubt it with our current cap situation. 

Cooks would be a dream come true, but yeah....I really can't see it happening either. 

I'd gladly offer up the rumored 2nd for him, but it would have to be a 2023* pick? I don't know if Houston would bite on it without some extra fluff added in. 

The cap situation is the only hang-up I can see as far as real attempts being made. 

Man, Adams, Cooks, Waller, Renfrow would be absolutely sick though. At that point, the talk about us having "3 1000 yard receivers" may actually hold some water. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Cooks would be a dream come true, but yeah....I really can't see it happening either. 

I'd gladly offer up the rumored 2nd for him, but it would have to be a 2023* pick? I don't know if Houston would bite on it without some extra fluff added in. 

The cap situation is the only hang-up I can see as far as real attempts being made. 

Man, Adams, Cooks, Waller, Renfrow would be absolutely sick though. At that point, the talk about us having "3 1000 yard receivers" may actually hold some water. 

Yeah that'd be a lethal four headed monster at WR/TE, although I'd probably prefer that we address the OL if we're going to trade picks. 

Starters who are risky going into the Draft: 

• RT - Brandon Parker - Coaches and GM seem to like him, still a bit of a risk. If Parker is going be the starter, the depth sucks. No LT2, iffy RT, and a iffy swing tackle too. 
  • DE- Ferrell- Hasn't really done much. Could a switch to 3-4 save his career as a Raider. Contract year, and his last chance. No depth behind him 
  • SS- Abram - another guy on his last legs. Played better last year, but isn't the best in coverage. Harmon could challenge him for PT. Make or break contract year 
  • WR2- Edwards- I thought he flashed last year when he seen targets. It was basically his rookie year, and he was facing CB1. Didn't look like a future star so people low on him. Veterans Demarcus Robinson, and Mack Hollins were brought in to challenge for that WR2 spot. Still could add more juice to that unit. 

Starters who are average and over 30 

• NT- Hankins- in a new system. I consider him average starter, but a good team player. Isn't a stud but isn't a weakness. We brought in Butler/Billings to hopefully surprise in camp. Butler was a former 1st round pick who might have a ceiling in this system. 
  • RG- Good- isn't a stud, but wouldn't get abused in the past. He is coming off a major injury and over 30. I think we move Leatherwood to LG, and we brought in that Bears Bars to challenge for Good spot. If Good is hurt again, we have a former starter waiting in the wings. I see Simpson as nothing more than a depth/end of the roster guy. 

I could see us adding players at these spots in the draft. Really thin at DE and T if Maxx is going be playing OLB like Chandler Jones. 

Edited by Humble_Beast