2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd take a long look at Cross if he's there he just tested extremely well at the combine. It looks like he'll make it to us in the GM mock draft along with Faalele and possibly Calvin Austin in the 4th.

I honestly would hold off on WR in the 3rd but there might be too much talent to pass up. 

draft strategy 

3) T, LB, CB or Cross- should be able to get a solid prospect in those spots 

4) at that point could see what WR dropped or the above mentioned positions. I just really want Robinson or Austin but they might not be the best value in the 3rd. Likely won't get many targets 

I think Danny Gray boosted his stock up to the 4th. He has the skills, film, tested well, and even has decent size. Danny looks like a solid day 3 pick, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go early on day 3. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Edwards isn't a Burner, he knows how to use his body. He dropped during the draft because of his lack of separation, and it showed at times last year. I do think he has a good chance to break out this year. I just think we could use more speed and a burner. Tolbert, Austin, Robinson are all really good prospects who are burners, it will be tempting to bite on one of them. 

Yeah Edwards is fast he's just not that quick out of his breaks so he has a hard time creating consistent separation. If he cleans up his route running I think he can be a lot more productive. I like Austin the best, even though he's small he's more than a gadget player, imo. He played the majority of his snaps on the outside in college and is a good route runner. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah Edwards is fast he's just not that quick out of his breaks so he has a hard time creating consistent separation. If he cleans up his route running I think he can be a lot more productive. I like Austin the best, even though he's small he's more than a gadget player, imo. He played the majority of his snaps on the outside in college and is a good route runner. 

Jalen Tolbert is 23 years old, and Bryan Edwards is 23. Crazy to think of Edwards age, there's  a lot of 23 year old prospects. I hope Edwards pulls a Zay Jones and basically sticks around DC all offseason, and is out there ready to practice at 5am every day. He has a chance to improve and shine with his opportunity. Two of the best route runners in the league are his teammates too: Renfrow and Adams. Like you said, improving the route running could really unlock his game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Jalen Tolbert is 23 years old, and Bryan Edwards is 23. Crazy to think of Edwards age, there's  a lot of 23 year old prospects. I hope Edwards pulls a Zay Jones and basically sticks around DC all offseason, and is out there ready to practice at 5am every day. He has a chance to improve and shine with his opportunity. Two of the best route runners in the league are his teammates too: Renfrow and Adams. Like you said, improving the route running could really unlock his game. 

The biggest issue I saw with Edwards last year was that he just didn't really separate, which is why the majority of his production came late in games where Carr was more willing to throw up 50-50 balls and let him make a play. He has pretty good long speed, just needs to be better getting in and out of his breaks. Assuming Waller/Renfrow/Adams stay healthy we really won't even need him to produce a ton, just occasionally make a play when his number is called.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also with the number of CB's we've already acquired (Ya Shin, Averrett, Phillips), our interest in Gilmore, and the fact we keep bringing in CB's on top 30 visits, I think Mullen's days here may be numbered. 

I would take a 3rd for him, but I would prefer to just let him compete for a job. I like being 5 deep at corner, you know injuries are going hit. AFC West QBs are no joke either 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would take a 3rd for him, but I would prefer to just let him compete for a job. I like being 5 deep at corner, you know injuries are going hit. AFC West QBs are no joke either 

He has to stay healthy and be a lot more consistent, I don't think he's guaranteed to start especially since McDaniels said that Hobbs might start outside. IIRC Mullen is also going into the final year of his contract, may trade him and draft a cheap replacement since Rock Ya Shin is also a free agent next offseason as well. 

FWIW my watchlist 

QB - Jack Coan 

RB - Dameon Pierce , Abram Smith

WR- Alec Pierce, Tyquan Thornton 

OT - Braxton Jones, Max Mitchell, Myron Cunningham (UDFA)

DL - Phidarian Mathis, John Ridgeway, Eyioma Usazurike

LB - Darrian Beavers, D’Marco Jackson, Mike Rose

CB- Tariq Woolen, Martin Emerson, Chris Steele

S - Verone McKinley, Quinton Lake, JT Woods

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

FWIW my watchlist 

QB - Jack Coan 

RB - Dameon Pierce , Abram Smith

WR- Alec Pierce, Tyquan Thornton 

OT - Braxton Jones, Max Mitchell, Myron Cunningham (UDFA)

DL - Phidarian Mathis, John Ridgeway, Eyioma Usazurike

LB - Darrian Beavers, D’Marco Jackson, Mike Rose

CB- Tariq Woolen, Martin Emerson, Chris Steele

S - Verone McKinley, Quinton Lake, JT Woods

We have Woolen in for a meeting today although I'm not sure he makes it down that far after his insane combine.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have Woolen in for a meeting today although I'm not sure he makes it down that far after his insane combine.

Yeah his combine might elevate him but he’s only played CB for 2 years and is really raw, he’s a 3rd rounder for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totty said:

What's wrong with Mykal Wright out of Oregon as a later round CB option?  

Haven't read or seen too much of anything from the media on him.  I remember him playing against Ohio State and holding his own.  

175 pounds with short arms and 4.6 speed.