2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think the remaining tier of talent dries up within 10-12 picks, so we really should trade up. 
I don’t like the idea of having 3 5th rounders on the team next year as much as I’d like having a guy like Winfrey.  I think he’s  rather subpar vs the fun but he could be a nice pass rushing DT.

Here’s who I’d trade up for:

QB- Howell

WR- Austin

OL- Kinnard, Max Mitchell

DL- Winfrey

Agreed we need to use one of those 5ths as collateral to get that guy

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Weird, I've legit never seen anyone say they were much more than serviceable around here. 

I wonder if they're more overrated than Mr. Top 10 QB Malik Willis himself was by some Raider fans?

😂😂😂😂

5 picks today so this should be more exciting. I really think we could use talent across the board, so I hope we can get up to 7-8 picks 

• Guard- if the plan is to to keep Leathewood at RT, then I wouldn't be mad at another guard. The guard group sucks. Good is over 30, coming off a major injury, he is average at best
  • NT- Hankins just hit 30 and is average. Could find his replacement 
  • 3-4 END- could find a nice, big 3-4 End prototype. Ferrell is an expiring deal and we dont have much depth 
  • MLB- Perryman is an expiring deal and part of the old regime. Could find his long term replacement 
  • CB- I actually like the talent on this unit, but this class is too talent to ignore 
  • S- Abram is an expiring and only good as a box safety, Huron is old and coming off a bad season, and Gillespie is an unknown. Could draft a guy to put in the mix. I hope teamer and leaving are cut soon 
  • EDGE- can never have enough edge rushers. Could add more depth 
  • QB2- Nick Mullens is a lower tier QB2. Backup QB is maybe the most important backup spot too 
  • RB- Jacobs and Drake are expiring deals, Bolden is an old man. wouldn't be mad at draft a rb on day 3
  • WR- Still could use speed demon. Could use someone who can return kicks and punts too. lost Richard and I don't want Hunter to get hurt 
  • T- more competition and depth to the OL is never a bad thing 
Edited by Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Going to miss Mayock today, say what you want but he found some day 3 gems. Crosby, Renfrow and Hobbs are huge pieces of the team. Hopefully Zeigler can do the same. 

you think Mayock gets his job back with NFL Network? man was screwed one way or the other being attached with Gruden

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Wouldn’t mind a big swing on J.Ross in the 4th. Woolen with his size is intriguing. Faaele as well.

Likely would be a home run pick for me. Would add more weapons to an offense that already has so many. 

what does he offer that Edwards does not? I want a WR who can run vertical routes 

Edited by Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Bull. People are ok with James going in as the starter this year, and are ok with Good starting like every season. Serviceable doesn’t mean starter. They are quality backups who can spot start. 

As for Willis, you are the type that hates all project QB’s. Name one you have liked…? We are in the era of project QB’s with today’s friendly offensive NFL. Trey Lance is likely going to ball this year. Did you like Allen or Lance? Odds are, no. Because you are one of the types that are totally anti project QB. Which is not the way to analyze QB’s anymore. 

Unless we have 3 extra picks or wait until June 1, there's not a whole lot that can be done about upgrading on James or Good. Everybody would love an all-star cast on the OL. But for now, we have what we have and can't just materialize players. I'm less worried about RG than, say, WR2 or DT. Same goes for C if James keeps his pace up. If we had 4 first rounders, hey, draft an entire OL for all I care. But we don't, and that's life. 

As for QBs, there have been plenty of projects I liked. I liked Allen a lot. I didn't think Mahomes was much of a reach when the Chefs grabbed him. I was a big fan of Tyree Jackson too, fwiw.

Lance doesn't do it for me. We'll see. Other than Allen, name a true project that has been successful. Darnold was a project. Wentz was a project. Wilson, a project. Fields, a project. Haskins was a project. Manuel was too. Johnny Manuel. Blake Bottles. RG3. Cam Newton was a project and was only a marginally good QB for a very short duration. Kaepernick never progressed much as a passer, though I loved his upside the year he came out. Jordan Love? Lol

For such a strong statement as "that's not the way to analyze QBs anymore", the track record of project QBs is Allen and crickets as the successes. And considering that the only QB taken round 1 was the least "projecty" of the class and Willis, Ridder, and Corral all lost their first round steam weeks ago and the entire league passed them over until the back end of round 3 says the league disagrees with your take on project QBs. 

I'm not ant-project, I'm anti-blowing my load and a first rounder on a limited skill set and small passer from a glorified D2 school who lacks absolutely elite uncoachable traits. 

Allen? Absolutely. A 6'5 240 pounder who is mobile and has an absolute cannon but needs coaching on his mechanics? Sign me up. 

A 6 foot QB who feasted on sub par  opponents and was only getting 1st round hype in an admittedly horrendous QB class because QBs will always have inflated stock up until draft day, with a knack for bailing from the pocket? No thanks. Not every short QB is Russell Wilson 2.0 and I thought we moved on from that drivel as the exception, not the rule. Why would someone take that in round 1? They wouldn't. And they didn't. 

There's projects worth taking that early and projects that aren't. Willis wasn't one, as seen by all but a handful of his biggest fans. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

5 picks today so this should be more exciting. I really think we could use talent across the board, so I hope we can get up to 7-8 picks 

• NT- Hankins just hit 30 and is average. Could find his replacement 
  • 3-4 END- could find a nice, big 3-4 End prototype. Ferrell is an expiring deal and we dont have much depth 
  • CB- I actually like the talent on this unit, but this class is too talent to ignore 
  • S- Abram is an expiring and only good as a box safety, Huron is old and coming off a bad season, and Gillespie is an unknown. Could draft a guy to put in the mix. I hope teamer and leaving are cut soon 
  • QB2- Nick Mullens is a lower tier QB2. Backup QB is maybe the most important backup spot too 
  • RB- Jacobs and Drake are expiring deals, Bolden is an old man. wouldn't be mad at draft a rb on day 3
  • WR- Still could use speed demon. Could use someone who can return kicks and punts too. lost Richard and I don't want Hunter to get hurt 

These are the spots I'd focus on if I absolutely had to pick. 

Right now, assuming no trades occur, I'd probably go:

NT, WR, CB, S, QB