2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I remember like Roy Lopez and Tonga from last year classes and they look like they will be solid starting NT for the rest of the decade 

How many years now have I been advocating hard for a 4th Thru 6th round NT?  It’s at least 3.

I also was really pushing for Tonga.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really like David Bell in round 2.  I’ve watched some tape of him and he’s very impressive in his polish.  He’s even a good blocker.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

A lot of day 2 guys to sift through. He’s really productive at the very least.

Seems like there are two tiers of WR's at the top of the draft and there's a significant drop off. The first tier being Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, and Traylon Burks followed by the second tier of Drake London, George Pickens, Jahan Dotson, David Bell, and John Metchie. Each guy has a different and unique skill set so I think a lot will come down to team preference. 

I personally like Jameo, Metchie, London, and Dotson the most.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Seems like there are two tiers of WR's at the top of the draft and there's a significant drop off. The first tier being Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, and Traylon Burks followed by the second tier of Drake London, George Pickens, Jahan Dotson, David Bell, and John Metchie. Each guy has a different and unique skill set so I think a lot will come down to team preference. 

I personally like Jameo, Metchie, London, and Dotson the most.

I agree those 8-10 guys are the ones I want. Those are the bonafide starters/year 1 impact guys. I need to dig deeper to rank them.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree those 8-10 guys are the ones I want. Those are the bonafide starters/year 1 impact guys. I need to dig deeper to rank them.

The only one I personally wouldn't draft is George Pickens. Coming off of a torn ACL and reminds me of Bryan Edwards.

17. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

Leal would be the first interior DL that we've drafted in nearly 2 decades. Leal is an athletic, versatile DL that has played all across the the line for A&M. We'd be drafting him to shift inside and finally be the dominant 3T we've lacked for what seems like forever. Leal, Yannick, and Crosby would be an excellent foundation for what could become a dominant defensive line. 

48. Jahan Datson | WR | Penn State

My favorite receiver in the 2021 draft and someone that projects as an instant impact player and day one starter. Dotson is an excellent route runner with great hands, very much in the mold of Diontae Johnson. The most intriguing part of Dotson's game is that he's a WR that is equally effective at all 3 WR spots. I'd love to pair him with Renfrow going forward and use him all around the field to exploit mismatches. 

82. Chad Muma | LB | Wyoming

Divine Deablo has flashed potential this year but Perryman, Littleton, and Morrow are not long-term solutions and Muma projects as a starting LB that has scheme versatility. He is good in the box and has also flashed the ability to be a menace in coverage. Pairing Deablo/Muma would give us a nice duo to build around going forward. 

119. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa

The OL has been a mess throughout the season and we'd be getting an extremely tough, physical, and versatile OL here with Smith. He has played OT in college but may project better as an OG at the next level, I think he can play LG, RG, or RT. Guy plays with a mean streak and would give us flexibility as we wait to see how Parker and Leatherwood play. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Leal would be the first interior DL that we've drafted in nearly 2 decades. Leal is an athletic, versatile DL that has played all across the the line for A&M. We'd be drafting him to shift inside and finally be the dominant 3T we've lacked for what seems like forever. Leal, Yannick, and Crosby would be an excellent foundation for what could become a dominant defensive line. 

My favorite receiver in the 2021 draft and someone that projects as an instant impact player and day one starter. Dotson is an excellent route runner with great hands, very much in the mold of Diontae Johnson. The most intriguing part of Dotson's game is that he's a WR that is equally effective at all 3 WR spots. I'd love to pair him with Renfrow going forward and use him all around the field to exploit mismatches. 

Divine Deablo has flashed potential this year but Perryman, Littleton, and Morrow are not long-term solutions and Muma projects as a starting LB that has scheme versatility. He is good in the box and has also flashed the ability to be a menace in coverage. Pairing Deablo/Muma would give us a nice duo to build around going forward. 

The OL has been a mess throughout the season and we'd be getting an extremely tough, physical, and versatile OL here with Smith. He has played OT in college but may project better as an OG at the next level, I think he can play LG, RG, or RT. Guy plays with a mean streak and would give us flexibility as we wait to see how Parker and Leatherwood play. 

I like it. I think Deablo is the long term WLB, Perryman should be back in 2022. I want to see Abram moved to LB and see what happens. I don't view LB as a need in 2022, but we could use a young stud if someone is there. I would look to get a stud in 2023. this would be my two year plan 

2022 Rounds 1-3: DT, RT, WR

2023: Rounds 1-3: LB, CB, OL/DL

2022 Free Agency Starters Signed: LG, SS, CB , WR1, WR2

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You think leal doesn’t go top 10? That’s where I’d take him.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You think leal doesn’t go top 10? That’s where I’d take him.

he has that tweener label. I think he is going be good. Malik McDowell might be a good option to nab from Browns. he has  made a great comeback. of course we missed out on this guy. I was a Barmore guy

https://www.providencejournal.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.providencejournal.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fpatriots%2F2021%2F12%2F03%2Fnew-england-patriots-rookie-christian-barmore-key-player-defense%2F8837086002%2F

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he has that tweener label. I think he is going be good. Malik McDowell might be a good option to nab from Browns. he has  made a great comeback. of course we missed out on this guy. I was a Barmore guy

https://www.providencejournal.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.providencejournal.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fpatriots%2F2021%2F12%2F03%2Fnew-england-patriots-rookie-christian-barmore-key-player-defense%2F8837086002%2F

I wanted Barmore last year as well, Jaelan Phillips too. @big_palooka told me they'd both suck though. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I wanted Barmore last year as well, Jaelan Phillips too. @big_palooka told me they'd both suck though. 

Not accurate,  but that's fine. I didn't like Barmore at 17 overall. And Phillips I liked, but his concussion history is scary. Didn't say they suck, didn't want them at 17. 

That said, would have taken both over what they drafted at 17.