2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Edwards has the ability to make contested catches, but he's not reliable enough to consistently make those plays yet. Unless you got a guy like Adams or Hopkins, you don't want to write in contested catches as part of your game plan. The only guy who should get those types of targets semi-consistently is Waller, and he already does.

Going into 2022, I think most of us want him to compete for a #2 outside spot. We forget that, for most guys, playing receiver well takes time. Devonta Adams was kind of a big disappointment for several seasons before he became elite.

year 3 is usually WR breakout year which is  why i was so pumped to see ruggs take a good leap this year. Edwards needs some more run regardless.. because we lack other targets. throwing the ball up to zay sure isnt it. id trust edwards on 50/50 ball over zay. so while ur point  is valid then why give them to a guy in zay who shows he cant track em? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

year 3 is usually WR breakout year which is  why i was so pumped to see ruggs take a good leap this year. Edwards needs some more run regardless.. because we lack other targets. throwing the ball up to zay sure isnt it. id trust edwards on 50/50 ball over zay. so while ur point  is valid then why give them to a guy in zay who shows he cant track em? 

Deep contested catches are different because the risk/reward is more disparate. Even if they're picked, it's like an arm punt. You also have a fairly good shot at a pass interference.

Right now, they're having Zay run those Ruggs routes; I assume it's because they've seen him convert those plays in practice and/or he's fast. But yes, I am in agreement that I would rather see Edwards see those targets. Otherwise, I'm not a big fade/back shoulder fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Deep contested catches are different because the risk/reward is more disparate. Even if they're picked, it's like an arm punt. You also have a fairly good shot at a pass interference.

Right now, they're having Zay run those Ruggs routes; I assume it's because they've seen him convert those plays in practice and/or he's fast. But yes, I am in agreement that I would rather see Edwards see those targets. Otherwise, I'm not a big fade/back shoulder fan.

1-2 a game is ok.. not 5 lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Why doesn't Tyron Johnson ever play?

On 12/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, roi34 said:

I want to know why Tyron Johnson hasn't really played at all. Dude is a burner and can play, was good with the Chargers.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We win next week then drop the next two, the Carr special. He'll screw us out of a top pick but can't play well enough down the stretch to make the playoffs. 

Like I said what’s going to happen is there going to win this week and that’s gonna put them in the playoff bracket and then they’re going to talk in the press conferences all week about how everyone doubted them in this and that and then we’re going to get blown out by the Colts. and then lose the chargers just because.

Probably my last mockup until way closer to draft time:

1. DeMarvin Leal, DT Texas A&M- easy pick

2. Drake London, WR USC- easy pick I think falls just enough and gives us a future #1

3. Zach Charbonnet, RB UCLA- we need better vision and production from the RB spot. Good value for a potential stud back. 

4. Verone McKinley, S Oregon- Not gonna lie, I would probably have traded but I try to avoid that in mocks. He has ball skills though, so finding some way to get him on the field wouldn't be the worst thing imaginable. 

5. Myron Cunningham, OT Arkansas- I'm just a fan. Keep Mr. Leatherwood at OG and hope he improves. (Cade Mays was another available player, but I feel better about Cunningham on the outside than Mr. Leatherwood.)

5. Kyle Phillips, WR UCLA- almost a Renfrow clone. FA-London-Renfrow-Edwards-Phillips looks good to me. Sure hands and grit. If he can even be a poor man's Renfrow, it's an upgrade on our depth.

7.  Joey Porter Jr., CB Penn St.- flyer pick. Why not? Idk much about him other than his lineage. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He probably doesn’t know the playbook or doesn’t practice hard(which may be why the Chargers let him go in the first place)

Chargers waived him, Jags picked him up and he didn't play much there. When he was cut, said to have a lot to do with his routes and practice habits. 

There is nothing there that helps the team right now at WR. He is playing STs. #17 out there.

Still, why not use him to take the top off on a couple plays. Can't hurt.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, Rich7sena said:

Edwards has the ability to make contested catches, but he's not reliable enough to consistently make those plays yet. Unless you got a guy like Adams or Hopkins, you don't want to write in contested catches as part of your game plan. The only guy who should get those types of targets semi-consistently is Waller, and he already does.

Going into 2022, I think most of us want him to compete for a #2 outside spot. We forget that, for most guys, playing receiver well takes time. Devonta Adams was kind of a big disappointment for several seasons before he became elite.

good wide outs get open period, contested balls are not ideal. I get it, sometimes you just have to yolo and throw up for grabs. Having to always yolo it, is not winning football. DBS are too good 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

2. Drake London, WR USC- easy pick I think falls just enough and gives us a future #1

3. Zach Charbonnet, RB UCLA- we need better vision and production from the RB spot. Good value for a potential stud back. 

4. Verone McKinley, S Oregon- Not gonna lie, I would probably have traded but I try to avoid that in mocks. He has ball skills though, so finding some way to get him on the field wouldn't be the worst thing imaginable. 

5. Myron Cunningham, OT Arkansas- I'm just a fan. Keep Mr. Leatherwood at OG and hope he improves. (Cade Mays was another available player, but I feel better about Cunningham on the outside than Mr. Leatherwood.)

5. Kyle Phillips, WR UCLA- almost a Renfrow clone. FA-London-Renfrow-Edwards-Phillips looks good to me. Sure hands and grit. If he can even be a poor man's Renfrow, it's an upgrade on our depth.

7.  Joey Porter Jr., CB Penn St.- flyer pick. Why not? Idk much about him other than his lineage. 

I don't get all the London love the man fractured his ankle( A very tricky injury) what makes you guys think he's coming back at 100% next year or ever. He's not the fastest WR right now if he losses any speed he becomes a TE

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This would be great. Love leal and London.