122. Akayleb Evans | CB | Missouri

155. Terrel Bernard | LB | Baylor

173. Ricky Stromberg | C | Arkansas

217. Robert Cooper | DT | Florida State

228. Ben Brown | OL | Ole Miss

You’re on your way to breaking hb’s mock record lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I love Jameson although I'm not sure we'd take another Alabama WR early, lol.

Why not? No reason to think he’ll suck just because Ruggs did that. I don’t think we’ll see anything that dumb for at least another 10 years. It’s going to become a teaching point for players now.

Jameson is a better prospect than Ruggs for sure. His route running is already at A level. He just needs to get a little bigger. But he will be a year 1 impact WR.

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Why not? No reason to think he’ll suck just because Ruggs did that. I don’t think we’ll see anything that dumb for at least another 10 years. It’s going to become a teaching point for players now.

Jameson is a better prospect than Ruggs for sure. His route running is already at A level. He just needs to get a little bigger. But he will be a year 1 impact WR.

Every time we draft someone from Alabama, it burns us. Until we show an aptitude for discerning successful potential from guys who rode the waves of being surrounded by a ton of talent and had issues overlooked because of their status as a star athlete, I'd honestly prefer to stay away from the perennial 5* programs myself. 

For whatever reason, we almost constantly pick the wrong person from those types of programs, be it on or off the field stuff. 

Honestly, some of our best talent has come from "smaller" programs. Georgia Tech, Fresno St, UCLA, Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, TCU, Buffalo...

I'm not saying other schools don't have issues with character or production, they certainly do. But the Alabama's and Ohio State's just have that "thing" imo, and it never seems to want to work on our favor. 

Once we establish we can actually scout, then go looking at the big programs where very few guys stand out amongst their teammates (admittedly subjective opinion) since the bulk of the team has NFL "talent". It feels like we have a tendency to just go "Plays a position of need? Check. Plays for one of the big 4 or 5 programs? Check. Congratulations, you're a Raider.". 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Every time we draft someone from Alabama, it burns us. Until we show an aptitude for discerning successful potential from guys who rode the waves of being surrounded by a ton of talent and had issues overlooked because of their status as a star athlete, I'd honestly prefer to stay away from the perennial 5* programs myself. 

For whatever reason, we almost constantly pick the wrong person from those types of programs, be it on or off the field stuff. 

Honestly, some of our best talent has come from "smaller" programs. Georgia Tech, Fresno St, UCLA, Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, TCU, Buffalo...

I'm not saying other schools don't have issues with character or production, they certainly do. But the Alabama's and Ohio State's just have that "thing" imo, and it never seems to want to work on our favor. 

Once we establish we can actually scout, then go looking at the big programs where very few guys stand out amongst their teammates (admittedly subjective opinion) since the bulk of the team has NFL "talent". It feels like we have a tendency to just go "Plays a position of need? Check. Plays for one of the big 4 or 5 programs? Check. Congratulations, you're a Raider.". 

Yeah but you’re oversimplifying it a bit. He’s a great prospect. What reason is there for him to fail in terms of football reasons?

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I could just see Mark Davis being hesitant to draft another Alabama WR after Ruggs/Cooper both didn't really work out here.

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think it's on us and our culture/lack of leadership. Najee Harris, Jerry Jeudy, Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, etc have all come out of Alabama in recent years and have had zero issues in the NFL.

• Like 2