55. Brandon Smith | LB | Penn State

125. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa 

153. Christian Watson | WR | North Dakota State

173. Thomas Booker | DT | Stanford

217. DeJahn Warren | CB | Jackson State

229. Ochuan Mathias | Edge | TCU

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I want to load the team up before drafting a qb. No point bringing a poor rookie into a trash situation.

Agreed. That's why I would prefer to wait on QB this off-season. Add more talent to the WR group and OL, then look to target someone in 2022. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. That's why I would prefer to wait on QB this off-season. Add more talent to the WR group and OL, then look to target someone in 2022. 

This is my exact sentiment. Let’s trade Carr for assets, sign an affordable bridge starter, add some good talent this off-season  and lock in the core players (Crosby, Renfrow, Ngakoue, etc.). 
Then we can look to bring our QBOTF into an advantageous situation. 

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

* Trade #14/#78 to Detroit for #23/#33 * 

23. Jameson Williams | WR | Alabama

33. Darian Kinnard | OT | Kentucky

That would make 4 skill position players from Bama taken in the first since 2015. and he might be the only one still on the team after his rookie year.

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

* Trade #14/#78 to Detroit for #23/#33 * 

23. Jameson Williams | WR | Alabama

33. Darian Kinnard | OT | Kentucky

Williams will not be there at 23, especially after the Georgia game. He will run in the 4.3s minimum and go top 15 IMO.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, jimkelly02 said:

That most likely puts us outside of being able to draft Corral or Pickett.   I feel like we’re always in this constant loop of not being able to draft a QB in round 1 to replace Carr because don’t lose enough games.

I think the only way of replacing Carr is if QB falls to the top of round 2 and we trade up for him.  Carson Strong, Sam Howell, Desmond Riddler could be options.  Carr would play out His contract while the draft picks sits and learns until year 2.

trade Carr for assets cant just let him walk. 

MoreInteresting question on Twitter today.  

If we hire a legit GM and HC and we could land a top 10 pick for Waller (the post targeted Jacksonville's first Rd pick) should we do that trade? 

More specifically 6-9 sans Atlanta currently sitting at 8.  Is that something you'd be willing to consider? 

I would.  Waller is probably going to look for a mega deal soon, he's 29 IIRC, and honestly we're wasting him at this point.  

1 hour ago, Totty said:

If we hire a legit GM and HC and we could land a top 10 pick for Waller (the post targeted Jacksonville's first Rd pick) should we do that trade? 

More specifically 6-9 sans Atlanta currently sitting at 8.  Is that something you'd be willing to consider? 

I would.  Waller is probably going to look for a mega deal soon, he's 29 IIRC, and honestly we're wasting him at this point.  

Depends on who's drafting lmao.

6 hours ago, Totty said:

No way we get a top 10 pick for Waller. 

But I would look to trade him for a 1st, maybe for next year. 

Same with Carr too.  2023 1st with some change this year.  

Give us the chance to get a QB in the 2023 draft unless we end up with one this year. Still get ti build thr house if we don't mess it up again. 

Interesting Sam Howell might drop in thr draft. If we can get another 1st round pick I wouldn't mind taking him in the 1st. 

Edited by OnlyGlove