2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He's a true sophomore playing behind a bad offensive line having one of the greatest seasons in college football history. If you don't like Bryce, you must think every QB prospect in college football sucks.

Imagine knowing so little about football that you have the balls to say Alabama has a "bad" offensive line 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I didn't like Herbert. He's been a surprise and a massive exception to the rule. 

Didn't you say Spencer Rattler was gonna go 1st overall? Exactly. 

I remember him saying he was going to buy a Rattler Raider jersey as he was advocating we move on from Carr, mortgage our future (multiple 1sts) and trade up for Rattler.  That idea has not aged well LOL 

• Like 1

Imagine knowing so little about football that you have the balls to say Alabama has a "bad" offensive line 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You claimed to have watched the Auburn game and think their offensive line is good? A game where Bryce was sacked 7 times, lol.

Just now, NYRaider said:

@MrOaktown_56 @ronjon1990 @roi34 @Frankie2Gunz

Alabama doesn't produce QB's, yet Mac Jones is performing better and winning more then Derek Carr? Hmmm...

Mac jones has the GOAT coach, you probably didnt even know our coaches name at the start of the season, but of course, WIns and losses are all on QBs so I will stop arguing haha. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I remember him saying he was going to buy a Rattler Raider jersey as he was advocating we move on from Carr, mortgage our future (multiple 1sts) and trade up for Rattler.  That idea has not aged well LOL 

Rattler may still be a good NFL prospect, likely transferring to UCLA. Kyler Murray was considered a non-prospect, transferred and went #1.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You claimed to have watched the Auburn game and think their offensive line is good? A game where Bryce was sacked 7 times, lol.

Yeah. 

If that was Carr you would've been ripping your hair out that he didn't throw the ball away and took the sack to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was just about to say...

They very publicly DID give up on Tua lol

And yet he has still found a way to lead them on a 5 game winning streak. People are so quick to give up on young QB’s these days. If you look at the top 4-5 QB’s over the past 25 years all of them had early struggles or started out as game managers. 

Peyton Manning - Led the league in picks his rookie year

Drew Brees - Chargers replaced him with Rivers 

Tom Brady - game manager his first 2 years as a starting QB 

Aaron Rodgers - looked awful in limited snaps and the franchise was unsure about him being the guy after Favre’s final year. 

Ben Roethlisberger - Game manager first 2-3 years 

I’m not comparing Tua to these guys but the point is that you should not write off a QB that you spent considerable capital on after 1-2 years. 

Imagine saying Alabama has a "bad" O-line and Mac Jones is the standard bearor of successful QB. 

Man, I want some of whatever you're smoking, chief.

https://bamahammer.com/2021/11/29/alabama-football-offensive-line-georgia/

Alabama has given up 36 sacks, which is 3 sacks per game and ranks 112th out of 130 teams in terms of fewest sacks allowed. Keep in mind, Alabama has arguably the most elusive quarterback in the country and has still given up more sacks than every SEC team except LSU and Tennessee.

The run blocking has been better than the pass protection, but not by much. Senior running back Brian Robinson Jr. has been effective, but the room has been hit hard by injuries and lacks quality depth. As a whole, the running game has been fairly inconsistent, and ranks 10th in the SEC in yards per game. It will have to improve to make headway on the ground against the nation’s #3 rushing defense.

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

And yet he has still found a way to lead them on a 5 game winning streak. People are so quick to give up on young QB’s these days. If you look at the top 4-5 QB’s over the past 25 years all of them had early struggles or started out as game managers. 

Peyton Manning - Led the league in picks his rookie year

Drew Brees - Chargers replaced him with Rivers 

Tom Brady - game manager his first 2 years as a starting QB 

Aaron Rodgers - looked awful in limited snaps and the franchise was unsure about him being the guy after Favre’s final year. 

Ben Roethlisberger - Game manager first 2-3 years 

I’m not comparing Tua to these guys but the point is that you should not write off a QB that you spent considerable capital on after 1-2 years. 

When Tua becomes a game manager, we can revisit. He hasn't even achieved that status yet 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah. 

If that was Carr you would've been ripping your hair out that he didn't throw the ball away and took the sack to begin with. 

And you think Alabama that has given up more sacks then almost any team in college football and was one of the worst teams in the SEC at running the ball has a good offensive line?