15. Chris Olave | WR | Ohio State

53. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

75. Travis Jones | NT | UConn

123. Chad Muma | LB | Wyoming 

153. Tariq Woolen | CB | UTSA 

173. Christian Watson | WR | North Dakota State

217. Eyioma Uwazurike | OG | Iowa State

229. Ochuan Mathis | Edge | TCU

I know nothing about Travis Jones, but the other 3 picks in the top 4 is solid AF

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Would this pick be made under the assumption Jacobs option isn't picked up?

I make it under the assumption that either that happens or we wind up cutting ties with Drake. 

More directly, it was a 3rd rounder I just didn't want to pass up as I don't see both Jacobs and Drake being here beyond 2022. One is likely gone before then, imo. 

Tbh, I'm high on Charbonnet. If not him and not in the 3rd, I don't think I would've drafted a RB until the flyer rounds.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I make it under the assumption that either that happens or we wind up cutting ties with Drake. 

More directly, it was a 3rd rounder I just didn't want to pass up as I don't see both Jacobs and Drake being here beyond 2022. One is likely gone before then, imo. 

Tbh, I'm high on Charbonnet. If not him and not in the 3rd, I don't think I would've drafted a RB until the flyer rounds.

Drake is probably never gonna play football again.

The Raiders need 2 more RBs a pass catcher and a power back.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we can get a good WR (Mike Williams, Fuller, Chark, Gallup, Robinson), I want to go LB in round 1. Nakobe Dean and Devin Lloyd both look nasty. They can bring the edge to our defense and can play on all 3 downs. Even if Deablo shows out, it never hurts to have 2 LB than can run and cover.

On my big on drafting a non pass rushing LB in the 1st round. The value just isn't there There is a lot of LBs in the NFL that were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

With how Drake's contract is set up would we even be able to cut ties with him?

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we can get a good WR (Mike Williams, Fuller, Chark, Gallup, Robinson), I want to go LB in round 1. Nakobe Dean and Devin Lloyd both look nasty. They can bring the edge to our defense and can play on all 3 downs. Even if Deablo shows out, it never hurts to have 2 LB than can run and cover.

Lloyd is a monster. I like Brandon Smith out of Penn State too in the early 2nd round.

Edited by NYRaider

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

With how Drake's contract is set up would we even be able to cut ties with him?

We could. It would be a minor sting though. 

Thing is, I would gladly keep him around. I'm just not 100% sold he'll be back in the first place. 

It was always a bad contract either way, with heavy guarantees, but the 2.5m cap savings would be put to better use elsewhere if he can't go. 

I'd prefer keeping him and starting him on the IR of possible, but I'm also not going to cry if we just move on. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

We could. It would be a minor sting though. 

Thing is, I would gladly keep him around. I'm just not 100% sold he'll be back in the first place. 

It was always a bad contract either way, with heavy guarantees, but the 2.5m cap savings would be put to better use elsewhere if he can't go. 

I'd prefer keeping him and starting him on the IR of possible, but I'm also not going to cry if we just move on. 

Yeah if he's hurt I wouldn't mind moving on but just sucks to eat $5.5M in dead cap.