2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I'm down for a day 2 receiver as well if we can get a nice WR in FA and we go DT/LB in Rd 1.

How often do first round linebackers pan out? Micah Parsons has been a beast but only after he was moved into a pass rushing role. Devin White is also great but he thrives coming down hill and is so-so in coverage. 

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How often do first round linebackers pan out? Micah Parsons has been a beast but only after he was moved into a pass rushing role. Devin White is also great but he thrives coming down hill and is so-so in coverage. 

I like the Georgia/Utah ones a lot. There are barely any who can run and cover. Those 2 can. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

Let’s say we drafted a qb like carson strong, would you deal carr before drafting him or would you let him sit behind carr for a year ?

Ideally, trade Carr for the extra picks and bring in a vet FA/Give Mariota a year or two to see if he can build up trade value and pipeline him out once Strong is ready. 

I'm of the mind that if moving on from Carr is the end result, do it while the trade value is high. In 2-3 years, he won't be nearly as valuable on the market as he is now. 

If Carr were a few years older, keep him around to mentor. But he's got too much tread left on the tires that someone else may see value in. He's not quite ready to be the old vet mentoring on his way out of the league yet. 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:09 AM, NYRaider said:

Drake London is a stud and his ankle injury should push him down boards. 

London is a stud 100%. 

A WR corps of either Adams/Robinson/Gallup, London, Renfrow, Edwards, FA/Zay/other rookie is a legitimate lineup with all sorts of size, speed, and route refinement. 

The pace London was on before going down was just nasty. I don't want to hype him too much, but his physical profile just screams faster Larry Fitzgerald to me. Dude could be absolutely special and seems like a leader and farthest thing from a problem child you could get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ideally, trade Carr for the extra picks and bring in a vet FA/Give Mariota a year or two to see if he can build up trade value and pipeline him out once Strong is ready.

I’d be pretty excited with this, pair him up with a young mind like kellen moore with the potential to bring gallup with him could be pretty cool. The perception seems to be we could get a lot for carr but i’m not necessarily sure that’s true i think we could get a first for him but anything more than that idk  

3 hours ago, Edz209 said:

The perception seems to be we could get a lot for carr but i’m not necessarily sure that’s true i think we could get a first for him but anything more than that idk  

The Eagles got a 1st round pick for Wentz coming off of a season he led the NFL in interceptions despite not even playing the final few games.

6 hours ago, Edz209 said:

Let’s say we drafted a qb like carson strong, would you deal carr before drafting him or would you let him sit behind carr for a year ?

Probably not. If we're going to go in a different direction at QB it would be in the best interest of both the Raiders and Carr to move on. The Raiders can acquire additional draft capital as opposed to letting him walk for nothing and Carr can go to a team that's going to give him long term financial security. As I said before I really don't see Carr playing next season before he gets a new contract, way too big of a risk.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:14 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like the Georgia/Utah ones a lot. There are barely any who can run and cover. Those 2 can. 

Devin Lloyd popped off the screen when I watched the two Oregon/Utah games. I like what I've seen from Dean but need to watch more. My only concern with him is that he has been playing behind Jordan Davis so he's been kept as clean as any LB in CFB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

London is a stud 100%. 

A WR corps of either Adams/Robinson/Gallup, London, Renfrow, Edwards, FA/Zay/other rookie is a legitimate lineup with all sorts of size, speed, and route refinement. 

The pace London was on before going down was just nasty. I don't want to hype him too much, but his physical profile just screams faster Larry Fitzgerald to me. Dude could be absolutely special and seems like a leader and farthest thing from a problem child you could get. 

I'd be all for drafting London and then looking for good value WR's in free agency, our WR room needs a major overhaul. Gallup and Will Fuller are two guys we could likely get at a fair price point that have a ton of potential.