2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What's good with your boy Chad Muma? @big_palooka I've been trying to watch some LB's and he's the one that I keep going back too, kid is a stud. 

Muma is a stud. Always around the ball, making plays. He's a 3 down  guy who can cover and rush the passer. He's a big hitter and doesn't miss tackles. He's better coming out than Logan Wilson who has developed into a stud for the Bengals.

Will be fun to watch at the Senior Bowl. See how he handles bigger blockers, etc.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I never said he would be garbage as you stated. In fact, those were all pretty level takes and even said he'd be good not great. 

You're completely off base on this one, but sure.... carry on

On 3/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, big_palooka said:

Paye is a projected top 15 pick which is why he wouldn't be considered a reach. He's fairly polished in his technique, athletic and plays with excellent power. He's a day 1 starter who can play up and down the line. 

Barmore is going to struggle early in his career. While explosive, his technique needs time. He disappeared from a lot of games. Big iOL gave him trouble as he gets blocked one on one a lot. 

I think Barmore has upside to be a great player. But he's not a frp in my eyes and taking him 17 to shelf him a year or 2 would not be a good use of the pick.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:20 AM, big_palooka said:

Limited production. Average speed. He only wins with his power, which will be harder at the NFL level. He's not an explosive penetrating DT. He's a big body guy, gets stood up a lot because his pad level is high.

Recency bias is the National Champ game is the reason people are talking about him. He was mostly average outside some splash plays.

He's not as good as the last 5 DTs out of Alabama. I think he's just a guy at the next level. Good, never great. Therefore round 1 is a reach to me.

So like which account of Barmore should I believe?

A. The first one that says that he's "explosive" and has the upside to be a "great player"

B. The second one that says he has limited production(he had 8 sacks btw) "average speed" "only wins with power" that is "not explosive" and that he'll "just be another guy" who is good at the next level but never great

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

So like which account of Barmore should I believe?

A. The first one that says that he's "explosive" and has the upside to be a "great player"

B. The second one that says he has limited production(he had 8 sacks btw) "average speed" "only wins with power" that is "not explosive" and that he'll "just be another guy" who is good at the next level but never great

Both those things can be true. Still never said he was garbage as you tried to corroborate which was the point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Someone can be explosive and not explosive at the same time?

Can you not read? I said he's explosive, but needs to work on technique. He was not an explosive penetrating player. His technique never matched his quick twitch athleticism. 

Regardless.... show me where I said he was garbage, or move on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can you not read? I said he's explosive, but needs to work on technique. He was not an explosive penetrating player. His technique never matched his quick twitch athleticism. 

He will go back and forth with you all day, lol.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I guess... Said I called him garbage and is now doing anything to change the narrative. 

Moving on. I see needs at OG, OT, WR, CB, DT so give me BPA in the trench. 

I will absolutely lose my mind if we draft another guard in the first round. OT, WR, CB, DT, or even LB would be fine. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That actually doesn't make any sense. Because what you're saying is that he's explosive he's not explosive because of his technique. Technique does not make someone explosive. The same way that technique does not make someone fast or make someone jump high. 

You can make them better at those things but it can't make them naturally gifted at those things. What you should've said what is that he's explosive but not as explosive as he could be because his technique could be better. 

The reason why I was focused on the explosiveness and the contradictory between that is because it would seemingly mean that those are two contradictory posts. Been saying that he has high potential and then another one later on saying he doesn't really have high potential and is destined to be just another guy. 

I apologize for where I said you said he was garbage by the way. I accidentally used hyperbole there.

Tyler Smith, OL out of Tulsa is a guy that I keep coming back too. 6'6" 325 with great length and he plays like an absolute maniac, dude's a mauler. He played exclusively at LT in college but most project him inside to OG or to RT. To me he looks like a plug and play starter at either RT or LG. If we were to go Faalale in the 2nd and Smith in the 4th we'd have a nice core going forward.

LT - Kolton Miller (6'8" 330)

LG - Tyler Smith (6'6" 325)

C - Andre James (6'3" 300)

RG - Alex Leatherwood (6'5" 315)

RT - Daniel Faalele (6'9" 370)

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

That actually doesn't make any sense. Because what you're saying is that he's explosive he's not explosive because of his technique. Technique does not make someone explosive. The same way that technique does not make someone fast or make someone jump high. 

You can make them better at those things but it can't make them naturally gifted at those things. What you should've said what is that he's explosive but not as explosive as he could be because his technique could be better. 

The reason why I was focused on the explosiveness and the contradictory between that is because it would seemingly mean that those are two contradictory posts. Been saying that he has high potential and then another one later on saying he doesn't really have high potential and is destined to be just another guy. 

I apologize for where I said you said he was garbage by the way. I accidentally used hyperbole there.

I think what @big_palookawas getting at is similar to the saying slow is smooth and smooth is fast.  Barmore is athletic but does not combine it with good technique and therefore not effective.  If you have him move on his own he looks good but when does not know how to translate that to play on the field.  That is how he can be explosive but not explosive at the same time.  Hence why he said he only wins with power.  He can not win with his athleticism because he lacked the technique to go with it.  

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

We have to wait for the combine for that to see who runs the slow 40s or who doesn't run the 40 at all. Who reports has the best interviews lol

I will lose it if we do this again.  Top picks need to have good tape and show they have pure athleticism so it translates to the field in the pros.

• Like 1