2022 Draft Talk

swede700

12 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Pick 12 after essentially going .500 isn't bad tbh. Can't be too mad. If you aren't confident in your GM getting a quality player with the 12th pick he needs to be canned immediately.

Speaking of:

‘21 - Micah Parsons

’20 - Henry Ruggs

’19 - Rashan Gary

’18 - Vita Vea

’17 - Deshaun Watson

’16 - Sheldon Rankins

’15 - Danny Shelton

’14 - Odell Beckham Jr

’13 - DJ Hayden

’12 - Fletcher Cox

’11 - Christian Ponder

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Speaking of:

‘21 - Micah Parsons

’20 - Henry Ruggs

’19 - Rashan Gary

’18 - Vita Vea

’17 - Deshaun Watson

’16 - Sheldon Rankins

’15 - Danny Shelton

’14 - Odell Beckham Jr

’13 - DJ Hayden

’12 - Fletcher Cox

’11 - Christian Ponder

I’d call that 50% success rate. 

26 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Pretty decent list of defenders. 

Yep. The players who hit, hit hard, i.e. they were top 5 players at their positions at one point in their careers. Even Ruggs I think could've been really good if he hadn't been a moron that night.

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

The win over the Bears ended up costing the Vikings 2 slots in the draft (Seattle winning, and Atlanta losing)

So what, in a season with ridiculous amount of one score losses, win the last game by a season high margin of 14 points and a bit of positive vibe going into the offseason.  Yeah I take that compared to having the 10th or 11th pick instead of the 12th.  

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So what, in a season with ridiculous amount of one score losses, win the last game by a season high margin of 14 points and a bit of positive vibe going into the offseason.  Yeah I take that compared to having the 10th or 11th pick instead of the 12th.  

You really think an off season vibe from this game matters? No way. 

Edited by PrplChilPill

12 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

You really think an off season vibe from this game matters? No way. 

Ihmir having a great game gaining confidence going into the offseason, Kenny Willekes playing the best game of his career and showing real promise, that is not a positive thing?  Dantzler playing arguably his best he has played all season and being effective out there.  

Not to mention other young guys in DJ Wonnum and Josh Metellus playing well.

Not to mention the older guys in Peterson and Barr playing standout games even though with both it could be their last games for the Vikings.  

Sure ultimately it is not a huge deal but one way or another you have to take it one game at a time and build one game at a time.  Some of the effort and energy late that the Vikings showed was more of a pulse that they have shown as a team most of the year.  Especially after such a crap year where almost everything they did was here we go again.  Yeah I think it was key to get a nice win like that after even against the Bears in this game, getting beat up pretty bad and walked up and down the field.

So yeah having the 12th pick is not that big of a deal compared to the 10th or 11th honestly.  So give me the win and having young guys show out which could help them progress during the offseason potentially with actually something positive happening for once.  

Like it would have been better if they got beat 30-0?  Yeah no.  Sure ultimately they did not win a Super Bowl here but you cannot just go from zero to 60 like that.  Losing this last game gets them no closer to a Super Bowl than winning it did because obviously things do not work like that.  

3 hours ago, RpMc said:

Based on Tankathon's order

4.12 (Traded to NYJ - Herndon)
5.13 (via BAL - Ngakoue)
5.14 (Traded to JAX - Ngakoue)
6.05 (via NYJ - Herndon) (Some questions here as the Jets have traded multiple 6th's this year)
7.10 (via DEN - Weatherly)

Do we not have KC's 6th Rd pick while giving up our 7th Rd pick for the Mike Hughes trade?

16 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

The Lane Kiffin rumors will inevitably lead to Matt Corral rumors. Everyone's thoughts on him? From my cursory glance so far at the QBs, he has intrigued me the most.

I like Corral’s demeanor and moxy. But I don’t see 1st round talent as a passer. 

This could be the ideal situation for the Vikings at this point, not sure Gardner falls though.  Depends really on how Stingley works out and how Gardner times out, if he does well the Jets need a corner so that makes sense at Stingley there and they probably need another DB later so Hill makes sense.  If not Jets could take Gardner at #10.  

.   1.    Jacksonville Jaguars - Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE 
    2.    Detroit Lions - Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE 
    3.   Houston Texans -Evan Neal Alabama JR OT/OG
    4.    New York Jets - Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR CB      
    5.   New York Giants - Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S
    6.   Carolina Panthers  - Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR
    7.   New York Giants via (Chicago Bears) - David Ojabo Michigan RS SOPH DE/OLB
    8.    Atlanta Falcons - Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR OLB
    9.  Denver Broncos - Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT  
    10.    New York Jets via (Seattle Seahawks) - Daxton Hill Michigan JR S  
    11.  Washington Football Team - Carson Strong Nevada RS JR  
    12.   Minnesota Vikings - Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati JR CB

And if Gardner goes Cross who I think is a bit overrated considering the lack of elite talent at OT in the draft, still if he can legit play LT that could be a smart move if Gardner is gone, then move Darrisaw to OG which is probably a better fit for him and Udoh will be out.  That or if he they move on from Hunter take DeMarvin Leal.

So really three great options potentially and could fall nicely to them.

Ahmad Gardner CB
Charles Cross OT
DeMarvin Leal DE/DT

Would love it Kyle Hamilton or Daxton Hill fall but not sure that happens, if Daxton Hill and Gardner were both there would be hard not to take Gardner but Daxton Hill is arguably a better tackler and more well rounded player, hell he could play corner if asked.  Could also throw Travon Walker in the mix maybe, he has been amazing the past few games at Georgia and is a beast but Leal has been more consistent over the last three years than Walker has.  Walker is longer and both could play DE or DT arguably.  

Edited by Ozzy