2022 Draft Talk

swede700

9 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Giants in a great position to get any player they want, and there is no QB this year people love (note, I'm not suggesting the Giants would have any idea how to use that pick....).

Depends upon who they now hire as their new GM, since Gettleman is shuffling out the door into retirement after the season.

But, if I'm the Vikings, I'd consider taking Willis, but maybe that's just me.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Depends upon who they now hire as their new GM, since Gettleman is shuffling out the door into retirement after the season.

But, if I'm the Vikings, I'd consider taking Willis, but maybe that's just me.  

Willis?

I would consider it but not till the 2nd round.  He is not worth a high 1st round pick, is not nearly developed enough for a 5th year Senior.  And would be pretty pathetic to give up on Mond that soon but if they cannot even play him in Green Bay and play awful Sean Mannion then who knows maybe Mond looks terrible in practice.

Real question is does Kevin Stefanski love Kirk Cousins as a QB?  If so trade him to the Browns and I would maybe take on Baker Mayfield contract which is up in 2023.  Save some money getting rid of Kirks contract.  Hell could maybe get a 1st round pick out of it as well.  

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Willis?

I would consider it but not till the 2nd round.  He is not worth a high 1st round pick, is not nearly developed enough for a 5th year Senior.  And would be pretty pathetic to give up on Mond that soon but if they cannot even play him in Green Bay and play awful Sean Mannion then who knows maybe Mond looks terrible in practice.

Real question is does Kevin Stefanski love Kirk Cousins as a QB?  If so trade him to the Browns and I would maybe take on Baker Mayfield contract which is up in 2023.  Save some money getting rid of Kirks contract.  Hell could maybe get a 1st round pick out of it as well.  

They'd have to film a lot of new commercials if Baker moves.....

That said, sure, if you can do that, do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Let’s get a three team trade going. Cousins to Cleveland, Mayfield somewhere else, and the Vikings without either. 

Sure but Baker is what owed $18 mil next year, Kirk is owed $35 mil.  Yeah give me Baker, and usually 3 team trades do not happen but sure would love that.  

Also there is the fact that Baker is probably better than Mond will be next year or any rookie they could potentially draft.  And if he stinks just do not resign him after next year.  Maybe Matt Corral, Pickett, Howell or Ridder are better than Baker Mayfield has been but I freaking doubt it.

Then again if Baker cannot win one one of the most talented rosters in the league, what chance he has somewhere else.  But they were very injured this year and had a ton of guys in and out of the lineup so that hurt them the most.

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So let’s not win this weekend. Literally no benefit. 

It’s a pointless statement because there’s a lot of players that it could benefit. The Vikings draft pick will be decided on the results of other games far more than their own.

You should try to win every game. Period. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s a pointless statement because there’s a lot of players that it could benefit. 

You should try to win every game. Period. 

And the way the draft is today, the player selected at #7 may not be all that different than the player selected at #15.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Willis?

I wouldn't consider taking another QB as "giving up" on Mond. Mond was a 3rd round pick. If the Vikings find a prospect they like better in the first round of this years draft, it shouldn't be a surprise, and they shouldn't be afraid to take him.

41 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I wouldn't consider taking another QB as "giving up" on Mond. Mond was a 3rd round pick. If the Vikings find a prospect they like better in the first round of this years draft, it shouldn't be a surprise, and they shouldn't be afraid to take him.

Agreed.  Just because I'd consider taking a QB in the 1st round (or even 2nd) doesn't mean that I'm giving up on Mond.  Mond, as a 3rd rd pick, hasn't earned anything yet, so why should I not consider others.  I think Spielman has made tremendous mistakes in the past by not continuing to invest in young QBs in the draft.  Sure, he's picked up some as UDFAs, but it was 6 years between using any draft picks on a QB, which, IMO, is unacceptable, even if you think you have a starter.  

• Like 2

If the Vikings hire a new GM and new HC, no one that’s been drafted, signed, or developed will be owed time. 

Financially some will be granted more time than others, but any player drafted outside of the 1st round will have to earn their keep. Draft status will not protect them. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  Just because I'd consider taking a QB in the 1st round (or even 2nd) doesn't mean that I'm giving up on Mond.  Mond, as a 3rd rd pick, hasn't earned anything yet, so why should I not consider others.  I think Spielman has made tremendous mistakes in the past by not continuing to invest in young QBs in the draft.  Sure, he's picked up some as UDFAs, but it was 6 years between using any draft picks on a QB, which, IMO, is unacceptable, even if you think you have a starter.  

yeah i agree. John David Booty didn't exactly work out.....