Jeff Beathard hired to be in front office

turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Obviously a bad hire because he’s coming from the Panthers right?

Just ignore that he’s Bobby Bethard’s son. Can’t possibly have a better eye for talent than Kyle Smith! 😂 

BTW - there were lots of things my Dad was good at that I wasn't as good at. Just because I share DNA with him doesn't mean I am his clone.

I think that might be the same for Kyle and Beathard. So let's see how he does here. We know how Kyle did here and how they just drafted in Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - there were lots of things my Dad was good at that I wasn't as good at. Just because I share DNA with him doesn't mean I am his clone.

I think that might be the same for Kyle and Beathard. So let's see how he does here. We know how Kyle did here and how they just drafted in Atlanta.

Yeah, we know how the Falcons draft looks on draft day. Now the real works begins when Arthur Smith has to mold those picks who aren’t almost sure things - like Kyle Pitts - into good starters. That’s tbd

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Obviously a bad hire because he’s coming from the Panthers right?

Just ignore that he’s Bobby Bethard’s son. Can’t possibly have a better eye for talent than Kyle Smith! 😂 

Ya know how you know this is an issue...you defended them hiring another Panther before anyone could even say anything about it. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Ya know how you know this is an issue...you defended them hiring another Panther before anyone could even say anything about it. 

It was a joke. happy peter griffin GIF by Family Guy

Hurney also worked for Bobby Bethard, people want to ignore that. There’s a line that draws back to Bobby Bethard from both of them & Mayhew.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It was a joke. happy peter griffin GIF by Family Guy

Hurney also worked for Bobby Bethard, people want to ignore that. There’s a line that draws back to Bobby Bethard from both of them & Mayhew.

Nobody ignores Hurney working for Beathard. People were pissed about Hurney because his failed track record didn’t matter when it came to hiring him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, we know how the Falcons draft looks on draft day. Now the real works begins when Arthur Smith has to mold those picks who aren’t almost sure things - like Kyle Pitts - into good starters. That’s tbd

I think our draft looks wayyyyy better than the Falcons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

I think our draft looks wayyyyy better than the Falcons.

Eh. Pitts at 4 is really nice. Richie Grant was too. They got a 2nd round talent T in the 3rd (like we did with Moses once). They got one of my sleepers in Ta’Quon Graham. Better or not could be arguable, but it certainly was not "wayyyy" better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Sheldon White worked for Lions for 19 years. 
SHOCKER! Let’s take care of our pals MM. 

As long as they do a good job I don’t care where they came from. Teams/people running the front offices hire people they know all the time. Marty hired his whole family and I remember people being upset about that. Gibbs hired a lot of people had worked with decades before and when we weren’t good on 2004 everyone said it was a huge mistake and coaching in the NFL had passed Gibbs by. Shanahan hired his son and a lot of ex Broncos coaches and players. Now Rivera is doing the same, it’s to be expected.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

As long as they do a good job I don’t care where they came from. Teams/people running the front offices hire people they know all the time. Marty hired his whole family and I remember people being upset about that. Gibbs hired a lot of people had worked with decades before and when we weren’t good on 2004 everyone said it was a huge mistake and coaching in the NFL had passed Gibbs by. Shanahan hired his son and a lot of ex Broncos coaches and players. Now Rivera is doing the same, it’s to be expected.

And guess what? It failed us each and every time. It’s ridiculous that this happens and people are here to defend it, not specifically you. 

Organizations, not just sports teams but they are certainly included, get better by both going outside their organization/knowledge group and promoting from within. We’ve done neither under Snyder. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And guess what? It failed us each and every time. It’s ridiculous that this happens and people are here to defend it, not specifically you. 

Organizations, not just sports teams but they are certainly included, get better by both going outside their organization/knowledge group and promoting from within. We’ve done neither under Snyder. 

We aren’t the only team/franchise that has done this. The Patriots did it, they were average and then they stumbled on a 6th round QB who changed their fortunes. The Bucs did the same thing, look at Arianas’s staff. A lot of ties all the way back to his time at Pittsburgh. I could keep going.