NFL/Washington Schedule Release. 1st Post full schedule.

MikeT14

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Well the benefit is the giants and us come on a short week so it isn’t like last year with those super short weeks playing teams coming off long rest

Always hated that. There needs to be some way to do the schedule where a team that plays on Sunday doesn't then have to play again that Thursday. That should be part of their bye week (that Sunday) if they are then going to play that Thursday. Or at the very least they shouldn't then also have to travel. I dunno. I haven't thought it through, but Thursday games (outside of the traditional Thanksgiving games) never made much sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Always hated that. There needs to be some way to do the schedule where a team that plays on Sunday doesn't then have to play again that Thursday. That should be part of their bye week (that Sunday) if they are then going to play that Thursday. Or at the very least they shouldn't then also have to travel. I dunno. I haven't thought it through, but Thursday games (outside of the traditional Thanksgiving games) never made much sense to me.

It’s hard for the first few weeks because there’s no bye week but I get that completely. Maybe they should do 2 monday games for the first two weeks. And two of those teams play the following weeks Thursday game. And the other Monday teams go on bye. Idk but we have gotten screwed I remember playing so many games in 14 days or something it was weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A schedule that wont put me to sleep during games.

Those wanting a qb must be giddy as school girls hoping for those losses every week.

Oh don't worry. We made the playoffs last year. We're gonna do it every year now. I mean that's how it's always happened under Snyder.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I see 3-5 (depending upon if Rodgers actually plays - otherwise it might be 4-4) at the Bye.

And 3-6 afterwards.

So a 6-11 or 7-10 season. With a slight chance of bumping up to 7-10 / 8-9 if we get lucky in some games. 

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh don't worry. We made the playoffs last year. We're gonna do it every year now. I mean that's how it's always happened under Snyder.

Its going to be a dog fight every single week. I love it. And we have the defense to anchor it and make a game of it with about anyone.

And that might be the best home game lineup in team history. Im excited for it. Playoffs or not. Its going to be 17 weeks of fun-intense viewing.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A schedule that wont put me to sleep during games.

Those wanting a qb must be giddy as school girls hoping for those losses every week.

Nah, not this year. Not from me, at least. The upcoming QB class looks pretty uninspiring to me, and the bottom line is that the roster is too good at this point for the tank to truly be a viable option. No reason not to root for them to win — the ship has sailed for them being in position to land elite QB talent in the draft. 

Last year was the sweet spot. It made perfect sense with our timeline, and with that QB class, we would have had a shot at a real difference maker. Plus, the offense was so bad that a tank-like outcome was plausible. But now that opportunity has passed us by, and we’re in a position where we’ll just field a good overall team with no QB — and hope maybe somehow we get lucky and end up like Tampa Bay (who had a QB fall in their lap), instead of Minnesota (who was equally good but never got the QB). 

• Like 1

i dont get why most are saying we will be sub .500

there isnt a team that we face outside of the cheifs and tampa that really scare me. I think we can play with all those other teams. a good defense got even better. a team with a dreadful qb situation now has at worst an average qb and much more recieving weapons than we had a year ago