NFL/Washington Schedule Release. 1st Post full schedule.

MikeT14

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just looking at the schedule it’s going to be real tough to repeat as NFC East Champs. 
IMO It’s going to be hard but 9-10 wins is possible. 

Honestly for me its all about staying healthy, especially on the D-side of the ball.  I honestly believe if we can do that, we repeat and go deep in the playoffs. 11 to 12 wins is a good guess.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its going to be a dog fight every single week. I love it. And we have the defense to anchor it and make a game of it with about anyone.

And that might be the best home game lineup in team history. Im excited for it. Playoffs or not. Its going to be 17 weeks of fun-intense viewing.

Here we agree. This is going to be a fun schedule to play. Want to see if we really stack up against the playoff teams? Well...here's your chance WFT.

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Nah, not this year. Not from me, at least. The upcoming QB class looks pretty uninspiring to me, and the bottom line is that the roster is too good at this point for the tank to truly be a viable option. No reason not to root for them to win — the ship has sailed for them being in position to land elite QB talent in the draft. 

Last year was the sweet spot. It made perfect sense with our timeline, and with that QB class, we would have had a shot at a real difference maker. Plus, the offense was so bad that a tank-like outcome was plausible. But now that opportunity has passed us by, and we’re in a position where we’ll just field a good overall team with no QB — and hope maybe somehow we get lucky and end up like Tampa Bay (who had a QB fall in their lap), instead of Minnesota (who was equally good but never got the QB). 

100% this (especially the bolded)

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

A schedule that wont put me to sleep during games.

Those wanting a qb must be giddy as school girls hoping for those losses every week.

Yeah that ship already crossed the ocean lol,Might as well Get all Aceinthehouse on you and predict a 12-5 record and division title.We play a bunch of teams that did well last season.They all have issues.Im not going to get outragious and predict undefeated but ouside the Bills and Chiefs,I dont see any other games we are a real underdog in.12 or 13 wins is very possible with great defense adequate offense.And with Fitzpanic throwing to Terris ,Curtis,Dyami,Logon and JD on third down we should be ok ;)

8-9, we are the definition of mediocrity. QB play & a 1st place schedule will hold us back from winning the division over the Cowboys and winning 10 or more games.

The Cowboys have an easier schedule, will have Dak back and are going back to the 4-3. I think they win the division at 10-7.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I see 3-5 (depending upon if Rodgers actually plays - otherwise it might be 4-4) at the Bye.

And 3-6 afterwards.

So a 6-11 or 7-10 season. With a slight chance of bumping up to 7-10 / 8-9 if we get lucky in some games. 

I picked 8-9 but what you’re saying makes a lot of sense. I don’t really see how anyone can be that optimistic for this season given our schedule and that our QB play will be at best average.

You guys- wow ! Do you know how hard last year was. New coaches, Covid, Head Coach very sick, new players, Snyder and the front office distractions . the name fight ! .. .. and we still took Brady to the 4 th quarter. 

10-7 for me is pessimistic ! 

On 5/13/2021 at 3:58 AM, LoganF89 said:

i dont get why most are saying we will be sub .500

there isnt a team that we face outside of the cheifs and tampa that really scare me. I think we can play with all those other teams. a good defense got even better. a team with a dreadful qb situation now has at worst an average qb and much more recieving weapons than we had a year ago

Our schedule is really hard, it has to be one of the toughest in the NFL. Dak Prescott returning & Dallas’ three best OL returning from injury makes the Dallas offense light years better then the two times we faced them and beat them last year. They are also going back to the 4-3 which will help their defense get back to the middle of the pack.

We didn’t exactly face murderers row as far as QBs go the second half of last season. And yes, Fitz will be an upgrade in a lot of ways as is Samuel, Humphries & Bowman over our # 2-4 WRs last year but it’s hard for me to imagine us going 4-2 in the division again given that Dallas will be a lot better and Barkley will be back for the Giants. 

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Our schedule is really hard, it has to be one of the toughest in the NFL. Dak Prescott returning & Dallas’ three best OL returning from injury makes the Dallas offense light years better then the two times we faced them and beat them last year. They are also going back to the 4-3 which will help their defense get back to the middle of the pack.

We didn’t exactly face murderers row as far as QBs go the second half of last season. And yes, Fitz will be an upgrade in a lot of ways as is Samuel, Humphries & Bowman over our # 2-4 WRs last year but it’s hard for me to imagine us going 4-2 in the division again given that Dallas will be a lot better and Barkley will be back for the Giants. 

Idk I mean I look at the first place schedule and honestly the only teams out of conference that I see as a definite loss is Tampa and KC

BUF,SE,GB, NO, SD, ATL, CAR, LV And the division games are all winnable with the roster we have. By no means am I saying we win all those games but....

I really don’t think we lose more than 7 games. Can’t see it with this defense. The fact that we were in a new system on offense and defense last year with no offseason, only 1 good WR, and a laughable group of QBs (prob worst QB situation in the league) and we were in the playoffs (albeit weak division) is enough for me to say with the offseason pieces we added we got better

take last years defense and give them a new versatile young starting LB

take last years WR class (only Terry) and add brown, Samuel, and Humphies 

take last years QB situation compared to having Fitz. Even if he’s average we improve

last years Oline depth (maybe not starters) but def the depth now is wayyy better

i just can’t see where we don’t win at least 10

our only problematic area this year IMO is TE depth, LB depth, and who plays FS

we are a better team and I don’t see why people don’t see that

I didn’t truly realize how brutal the schedule is until they posted just the home games on the IG account today. 

There’s a span in the middle of the season where they’re going to play, in consecutive home games: Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, and Dak Prescott. And oh by the way, they also play Aaron Rodgers on the road in the midst of that span. And it’s only by the grace of Drew Brees retiring that they aren’t facing yet another HOF QB the week before that stretch kicks off. 

The only saving grace is the division being such trash. Could you imagine if they were in the NFC West or something with this non-division slate? They could be a legitimate top 15 team and still end up 6-11. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You guys- wow ! Do you know how hard last year was. New coaches, Covid, Head Coach very sick, new players, Snyder and the front office distractions . the name fight ! .. .. and we still took Brady to the 4 th quarter. 

10-7 for me is pessimistic ! 

Unbelievable, you’re never optimistic. I’m sorry I can not put any eggs in the Fitz, Heinicke or Kyle Allen basket that they’ll play well enough where we win double digit games.

11 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Idk I mean I look at the first place schedule and honestly the only teams out of conference that I see as a definite loss is Tampa and KC

BUF,SE,GB, NO, SD, ATL, CAR, LV And the division games are all winnable with the roster we have. By no means am I saying we win all those games but....

I really don’t think we lose more than 7 games. Can’t see it with this defense. The fact that we were in a new system on offense and defense last year with no offseason, only 1 good WR, and a laughable group of QBs (prob worst QB situation in the league) and we were in the playoffs (albeit weak division) is enough for me to say with the offseason pieces we added we got better

take last years defense and give them a new versatile young starting LB

take last years WR class (only Terry) and add brown, Samuel, and Humphies 

take last years QB situation compared to having Fitz. Even if he’s average we improve

last years Oline depth (maybe not starters) but def the depth now is wayyy better

i just can’t see where we don’t win at least 10

our only problematic area this year IMO is TE depth, LB depth, and who plays FS

we are a better team and I don’t see why people don’t see that

Sure, we are a better team but other teams are better too and our schedule is brutal. Also, the Cowboys will be better this year. We beat them rather easily twice last year in large part because their QB play was average at best after Dak got hurt and their D really struggled under Nolan transitioning to the 3-4. They are going back to the 4-3 - which fits their personnel better - they drafted Micah Parsons also, so to me it looks like they have the best LB corps in the NFL so, they won’t be an easy out this year unless Dak gets hurt again. 

We lost to the Giants twice last year when they didn’t even have their best offensive player - Saquon Barkley - who they’ll have back and they greatly improved their WRs in FA too - more so than we have IMO. 

I don’t see us sweeping either of them this year, the Eagles we can sweep and should but it’s usually close games.

I see us going 3-3 in the division. Our schedule is very hard. When I go wins/losses through the schedule I come up with 8-9. I think our absolute ceiling is 10-7 and I agree with @Thaiphoon that our floor is 5-12.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure, we are a better team but other teams are better too and our schedule is brutal. Also, the Cowboys will be better this year. We beat them rather easily twice last year in large part because their QB play was average at best after Dak got hurt and their D really struggled under Nolan transitioning to the 3-4. They are going back to the 4-3 - which fits their personnel better - they drafted Micah Parsons also, so to me it looks like they have the best LB corps in the NFL so, they won’t be an easy out this year unless Dak gets hurt again. 

We lost to the Giants twice last year when they didn’t even have their best offensive player - Saquon Barkley - who they’ll have back and they greatly improved their WRs in FA too - more so than we have IMO. 

I don’t see us sweeping either of them this year, the Eagles we can sweep and should but it’s usually close games.

I see us going 3-3 in the division. Our schedule is very hard. When I go wins/losses through the schedule I come up with 8-9. I think our absolute ceiling is 10-7 and I agree with @Thaiphoon that our floor is 5-12.

We will have to disagree, normally I’m one that will say that we won’t have the decent record but I believe we will. When you go back to last year and talk about the games we won or lost you have to realize we had below avg QB play the whole year and only one good WR.

if Fitz goes out and plays average that’s 10 wins IMO with this defense. The thing about him is that He will throw down field. And yes I’m sure he will have some INTS but with the speed of the offense I think he will have a great year.

Dallas does have some very good LBs (even though Jaylen Struggled and Vander Esch is another injury from being done) but their secondary is still bad even with adding Joseph in the draft and outside of Lawrence who I think is overated their Dline isn’t great. 

now Dallas back with Dak will have a good offense but I hate to be the one to talk about injuries but if their Oline has a guy or 2 go down then they are done. They have 3 really good starters on that line and no depth after. We may not have a ton of elite starter on our Oline but we do have a TON of Oline depth