2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Just now, JetsandI said:

He is only 20 years old and still has collegiate eligibility. Smart money is he should stay with Crimson Tides.

It’s an ACL. Everyone knows he’s blazing fast and good. So missing pro day and combine and all won’t hurt him. But he should be ready for the regular season. ACL injuries aren’t like they used to be. These kids heal faster and come back stronger now. He will still be a top 20 pick even with the injury IMO.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s an ACL. Everyone knows he’s blazing fast and good. So missing pro day and combine and all won’t hurt him. But he should be ready for the regular season. ACL injuries aren’t like they used to be. These kids heal faster and come back stronger now. He will still be a top 20 pick even with the injury IMO.

I know but many said he will fall out of 1st round due to that injury.  Kind of a waste of money if it sticks.

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one of that caliber IMO. But to be fair let’s just bet if we will or we won’t. 

I’ll bet we won’t. 

Lol I'm bored, so I'll take it on. We just need to classify who is considered and who isn't when the time comes. Loser has to wear the WR Avi of the winner's choice for a week? 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Lol I'm bored, so I'll take it on. We just need to classify who is considered and who isn't when the time comes. Loser has to wear the WR Avi of the winner's choice for a week? 

Bet. 

If we make any trade for a wide receiver you win. 

If we dont then I win. 

Let's set a deadline for day 1 of the draft.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bet. 

If we make any trade for a wide receiver you win. 

If we dont then I win. 

Let's set a deadline for day 1 of the draft.

Has to go into the 2nd week of training camp. That's when the real hold outs happen. Lol

22 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think so as well. 

Not saying just Ridley either (he's the recent rumor)... I just think we make a move this year with 4 quality picks and move one of those 2nd rounders for a WR. I'd say we would for an edge... but teams don't really like trading edges, but they will trade WRs. Giving Wilson another weapon cant be a bad thing. The odds of a 2nd rounder being as good as a proven talent is so slim. And we have plenty of money. For example... Ridley is due 10mill this year. We just cut Lawson and saved 9mill. So that's nearly a wash besides giving up a high 2nd rounder. But I'd imagine we only give up a valuable pick like that for a proven guy like Ridley, much like BUF did for Diggs. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk