2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My eyes are on Dean, Jameson W, and Battle

Dean is kind of short for Jets' liking.   Don't forget Travon Walker.  He probably plays out of position but we need to confirm that he has explosiveness.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Reports were he showed up to camp out of shape. Battled some injury even in camp and when he would play was getting worked by Lawson. So the reports about him this whole year have been poor. He was out of shape, injured or losing battles.

So hopefully he gets his crap together.

I'm basically asking for links to those reports from during the season because I literally didn't see anything. 

Lol he's a 2nd year OT and Lawson is our big money pass rusher. He better get worked. Becton didn't get a chance to adapt to the system and him. I'm really not worried about Becton yet. I'm just trying to see if his injury was worse. Our medical staff doesn't have the best history 

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He suffered dislodged kneecap and had surgery for that. After laying down while healing it up, he has long way to get back in shape.   Maybe Jets won't allow him to play or practice at certain weight.  I dunno.

That makes more sense to me. The recovery time from that is not easy for any big man to bounce back from. I just want to see the reports of him not being in shape late and read them. 

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

100%. Was screaming for Wirfs to be the pick. Now we are coming to the realization that Fant is a much better LT than RT and Becton might be best suited switching or having to draft another OT. With all the time off he’s had, if Becton comes into camp over 360 pounds we know he’s not putting in the work. I’d still take an OT with one of our top picks. There a few really solid centers we can take later if taking OT first means going D or WR second.

I just don't get this thinking by Jets fans. They want him to be under a weight that he wasn't even under at the combine when he was 364 with very low body fat and moved at ridiculous freakish levels. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah but the pro game aint the combine.

So what weight is his weight? Because they were all in on him knowing that he was 364 with low body fat and freakish athleticism. 

We don't even know what Becton would have been this season because he had someone go into the back of his knee and destroy his knee cap.

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

So what weight is his weight? Because they were all in on him knowing that he was 364 with low body fat and freakish athleticism. 

We don't even know what Becton would have been this season because he had someone go into the back of his knee and destroy his knee cap.

Not easy to get weight under with that BMI or something like that.   People are angry at Becton not being there full time last year and this year.    Now, coaching staff isn't happy with Becton's behavior or lack of commitment.

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

There's a such thing as bad weight. 

We were discussing his weight his rookie season when he kept having minor injuries

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk