2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree with this caption. By week 15, I at least want to be in the wildcard hunt.

JDs presser yesterday put it on him. Made it sound like with the picks and cap we have… we might be more aggressive then the last couple years. Wouldn’t surprise me if we make a big trade this off-season like Ridley or someone like that.

So far every mock draft has Tyler Linderbaum, rated as one of the top ten players in the 2022 draft. This is the first time since 1983 that a offensive center has been rated that high, and that was David Rimington, who the Benglas drafted in the first round. I lost out on drafting Devin Cook, but I am going to be a huge pain in the *** till we draft this Linderbaum. Our Offensive line needs this guy so bad.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

So far every mock draft has Tyler Linderbaum, rated as one of the top ten players in the 2022 draft. This is the first time since 1983 that a offensive center has been rated that high, and that was David Rimington, who the Benglas drafted in the first round. I lost out on drafting Devin Cook, but I am going to be a huge pain in the *** till we draft this Linderbaum. Our Offensive line needs this guy so bad.

No question he'd be a great pick. But McGovern wasn't an issue for us at C. Which could play a part on if we go in a different direction at 10.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No question he'd be a great pick. But McGovern wasn't an issue for us at C. Which could play a part on if we go in a different direction at 10.

Right now there are a lot of question what is going to happen with our number four over all pick. It all depends what players who are taken with the first three picks. What is screwing us right now is the Becton and Minns thing. Minns in his first year did not catch many passes but when he did he average 16 YPC which is darn good so it shows he has the talent. Becton is another story, has a good rookie year, and than came to camp a fat mess. It would be great if the first three players in the draft in2022 were QB's. then we could get the kid from Michigan. I am sure the Lions will pick him.

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Right now there are a lot of question what is going to happen with our number four over all pick. It all depends what players who are taken with the first three picks. What is screwing us right now is the Becton and Minns thing. Minns in his first year did not catch many passes but when he did he average 16 YPC which is darn good so it shows he has the talent. Becton is another story, has a good rookie year, and than came to camp a fat mess. It would be great if the first three players in the draft in2022 were QB's. then we could get the kid from Michigan. I am sure the Lions will pick him.

I'm not too sure on that. I think there will be a QB taken in the top 3. I do think one of the Edge guys is there at 4. I think it goes Jacksonville will take an edge guy, Lions will take a QB and the Texans will probably go OL in Neal and move him around. This will leave the Jets with The Oregon or Mich edge who ever Jacksonville leaves us on the board. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

McGovern could slide right in at RG and be an upgrade.

Is 10 too high for a center?  I dont think so, if you knew what he would become, would you have had any issue taking Nick Mangold at 10 instead of 29?  Of course not, was a huge key to many great playoff runs.

I do think Linderbaum is that level of talent, Him, Mangold and Alex Mack are the 3 best center prospects i’ve seen.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

JDs presser yesterday put it on him. Made it sound like with the picks and cap we have… we might be more aggressive then the last couple years. Wouldn’t surprise me if we make a big trade this off-season like Ridley or someone like that.

Yeah, I believe it will be Ridley, Metcalf, Godwin or Thomas. I'd even add Deontae Johnson or Claypool in the hunt as well. Johnson's contract ends and Claypool has one more year on his rookie deal. 

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I believe it will be Ridley, Metcalf, Godwin or Thomas. I'd even add Deontae Johnson or Claypool in the hunt as well. Johnson's contract ends and Claypool has one more year on his rookie deal. 

I will take any bet saying otherwise lol. I just cant see it happening. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk