2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Ojabo just had to get carried off the field with a leg injury at UMs pro day.

Really unfortunate for him. Someone will get lucky taking a shot on him and being patient. Heck if he’s there in Round 2, I’d pull the trigger. Not sure where this puts him draft wise

• Like 1

Obajo getting hurt pushes JJ up. If we want a day-1 starter,  now it's just him, KT, and Walker. 

I know he was in the wrong system,  but don't know about his pass rushing ability.  If KT's issues are real, Saleh & JD won't pick him. Jj only flaw is his age, but I love him as a prospect.  It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

22 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wow. This is brutal for him. 

They need to expand the recovery time. Akers came back, but wasn't himself.  He needed more time to get his burst back. 

I'd still consider drafting him in the 2nd. This definitely sucks though.  He was one of my favorites in the top-10. 

Just thought about the idea of JD planning to trade back into the 1st round. I think the positions we've all mentioned like DE,WR, DT, LB, and S. Imagine 4 of those needs being picked with 3 first rounders and a 2nd. Then the final position need being handled via trade (summer hold outs happen all the time) or the next phase in free agency. 

We can sit and still handle those same needs in my opinion, but this is a possibility. We have 9 picks. We have players who can bring in more and could still trade back if the option is there for the 1st and 2nd round. A lot of flexibility here because of the moves that were made in free agency. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Dude has been suspended several times while at Georgia. There’s a trend in guys that we bring in and he doesn’t fit that mold. I’d imagine he might not even be on our board.

Yeah, there is definitely a risk factor but it wouldn't surprise me if we at least interview him. I think he will be there in the 3rd. The only suspension I'm aware of is for his fight against Georgia Tech. I'm not too worried about that because that happens. Even Andre Johnson had his breaking point. The problem is the extra stuff like the water bottle squirting and etc. If he was to chill out, I'd pick him over everyone in the group. Because it's something that has to be judged in interviews, I can't say if we should or shouldn't take him. 

There has been a lot of athletes who started out with a bad rep who has changed when entering the draft. He isn't abusing women, fighting in public, or getting arrested. He's just been childish on the field. That's something that can be worked on, so I don't hate the idea of picking him if that's what JD did. 

Since I think Atlanta will pick Wilson and we're not going to draft a WR who can't block or play all 3 spots, I think we're going to go with Drake London or Chritian Watson. They check all the boxes including having a wide catching radius that can help Wilson as he works on his accuracy. 

Some people will glance at Watson's stats and assume he's just a combine warrior, but NDSU is a run heavy offense. WRs aren't getting a lot of targets. He can be a deep threat like Williams and attack inside like London. I've never seen a WR put that much effort into blocking. He has ran 50+ yards to the opposite of the field to finish blocks multiple times. I know Saleh & JD love that. 

Moore, Watson/London, Davis, Conklin, CJ, and Berrios is perfect for me. Still have Carter to dump it to. Those targets with this oline will be pretty tough.