2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

What do we think on the trade? Seems strange for Philly to do that. They are just spreading the first rounders out over multiple years for cap reasons? 

I read something that alluded to that. Philly would have 3 FRP’s coming up for the 5th year option at the same time. Couple that with a weak QB class which allows Philly one more year to evaluate Hurts. If they want a QB next year, they have the draft capital to make it happen. Great move by Philly. 

3 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

What do we think on the trade? Seems strange for Philly to do that. They are just spreading the first rounders out over multiple years for cap reasons? 

It looks like Philly building the rest of the roster this offseason and if Hurts sucks next season,  they will use their picks to trade up in a possibly better QB class in 23'. 

I think the trade makes sense for both. The Saints already have Kamara & Thomas, so they can trade up without having to worry about getting weapons around their QB. 

We're likely a trade up target. Even if Willis is picked at #2, Saints will likely trade up just to get the 2nd best QB before Carolina ****** him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care about the WR position anymore. It doesn't matter what route JD goes, the group will be better unless he add no one at all. If he trades, he comes away with someone like Deebo, Brown, Metcalf, or someone close. Draft? Wilson, Williams, London, Burks, Watson, or Pickens. Current free agents? Jones, Beckham, and others are still out there. 

My 1st round would be to come away with 2 defensive players that can pass rush and Jameson. Example: KT or JJ, Lloyd or Dean, and Williams. Having a healthy Lawson, DE, and LB who can get after the QB. Offenses won't be able to focus their blocking on one person. 

If we're serious about picking a CB, I'm open to Sauce, Elam, and Stingley early. CB may not be viewed as a need, but if the coaches feel like they couldn't do what they wanted defensively because of the current CBs, it's possible for us to be considering one of the top options. Sauce is the best CB prospect I've seen in years, so I understand. As much as I hype up Williams, Sauce shut him down without a safety until Williams got hurt. Stingley's problem is health. He doesn't seem to have the same challenge Julio Jones had with his foot, but it still makes me nervous. His only bad game came against Devontae Smith. I'm cool with or without a CB in this draft. 

57 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't care about the WR position anymore. It doesn't matter what route JD goes, the group will be better unless he add no one at all. If he trades, he comes away with someone like Deebo, Brown, Metcalf, or someone close. Draft? Wilson, Williams, London, Burks, Watson, or Pickens. Current free agents? Jones, Beckham, and others are still out there. 

My 1st round would be to come away with 2 defensive players that can pass rush and Jameson. Example: KT or JJ, Lloyd or Dean, and Williams. Having a healthy Lawson, DE, and LB who can get after the QB. Offenses won't be able to focus their blocking on one person. 

If we're serious about picking a CB, I'm open to Sauce, Elam, and Stingley early. CB may not be viewed as a need, but if the coaches feel like they couldn't do what they wanted defensively because of the current CBs, it's possible for us to be considering one of the top options. Sauce is the best CB prospect I've seen in years, so I understand. As much as I hype up Williams, Sauce shut him down without a safety until Williams got hurt. Stingley's problem is health. He doesn't seem to have the same challenge Julio Jones had with his foot, but it still makes me nervous. His only bad game came against Devontae Smith. I'm cool with or without a CB in this draft. 

Or he believes in Mims and doesn’t bring one in until late and we pretty much have the same group as last year.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Or he believes in Mims and doesn’t bring one in until late and we pretty much have the same group as last year.

I honestly gave up on Mims, so everything I post about the WR group really doesn't include him. He maybe fighting to be the 4th best WR on the roster this season if we draft/sign someone. 

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I honestly gave up on Mims, so everything I post about the WR group really doesn't include him. He maybe fighting to be the 4th best WR on the roster this season if we draft/sign someone. 

Can’t give up on guy until after year 3.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Can’t give up on guy until after year 3.

I can if it's someone was a healthy scratch or received 0 reps for most of the season and struggled when he was out there. I don't think he's done in the NFL, but I doubt it works here. He would have to suddenly become who the coaches want and be better than he has so far to get reps. This is before adding another WR. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I can if it's someone was a healthy scratch or received 0 reps for most of the season and struggled when he was out there. I don't think he's done in the NFL, but I doubt it works here. He would have to suddenly become who the coaches want and be better than he has so far to get reps. This is before adding another WR. 

You’re overlooking many variables involved. Not saying he’s without fault but look at the whole picture. Still have to draft a kid but Mims should still be in the plans for now.

With the amount of holes we filled in FA, what are your thoughts on taking the same approach as last year where going forward we pick 1-2 positions and we draft multiple guys, one is bound to hit.

I wouldn't mind drafting multiple Edge and multiple S and then let everyone battle.  

If the board doesn't fall our way and we take Ikem at 4 then WR at 10 I think we need to double up on Edge regardless.