2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

TT's WR Erik Ezukanma. 

Despite he is a body catcher, he surely has solid hands, evidence by catching football from powerful arm thrower in Andy Bowman. Too bad, he will have to deal with mobile qb with weak arm until November or so. His video exposure may be limited.    Could be a good value in 3rd round as 1st down machine WR.

Very funny you brought him up. As a TT alum obviously I watch him a lot. He also played HS ball a couple towns over from me. So I’ve known about him for awhile. Crazy talented. TT doesn’t have the passing game they normally do. So whoever gets him in the mid rounds is getting a steal with him.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, JetsandI said:

Pre-season draft list to track. Hopefully, most of them will come to fruition after this season.

Hype or Real Deal outside top 5 (I hope).

CB:
Derek Stingley Jr, LSU
Kaiir Elam, Florida

DE:
George Karlaftis, Purdue
Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati

OL
OT Rasheed Walker, Penn State
OT Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
OT Abraham Lucas, Washington State
OG Kenyon Green, Texas A&M

LB
Ventrell Miller, Florida

Beyond top 40

TE:
Cade Otton, Washington
Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina

RB:
Eric Gray, Oklahoma
Ronnie Rivers, Fresno State

WR:
Jahan Dotson, Penn State
Kyle Philips, UCLA
Jaylon Robinson, Central Florida

oC:
Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas

S:
Daxton Hill, Michigan
Kenderick Duncan Jr., Louisville

LB:
DeMarvion Overshown, Texas
Merlin Robertson, Arizona State
Damone Clark, LSU

I updated RB part.

Charles Johnson, UNLV

CJ Verrell, Oregon.

I feel Verrell, who will be 23 by week 1 next year, should be a good investment if he is still available after top 40.  He can be full time starter if everything goes well but being #1 RB in the committee is his best option at next level.

Johnson is 6 year senior (wow!) and, while he doesn't have good size, offers real good deal of twitchy, speed, toughness, burst and hands. If Jets are adamant about using rotating method on RB, he will be a perfect complement with Carter. That way Jets don't waste high pick on RB.

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Woods, Wydermyer, and Kolar really have my attention at TE so far but the FA TE class is really good. There really isn't a bad decision for me here. 

Could see us double dip at TE this year. Would love to see one of those top guys and an upside guy later on. 

Isiah Likely is a fun early to mid round prospect at TE out of Coastal Carolina with massive upside. Definitely more route centric and needs to work on blocking.

18 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Could see us double dip at TE this year. Would love to see one of those top guys and an upside guy later on. 

Isiah Likely is a fun early to mid round prospect at TE out of Coastal Carolina with massive upside. Definitely more route centric and needs to work on blocking.

Trade for Howard and draft a guy

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trade for Howard and draft a guy

A lot of us loved Howard coming out, myself being one of them.. 
Now he’s buried in star power and dealt with injuries at TB so he is a guy that could pop off with the right opportunity.

Heck trade Maye to TB for Howard and a pick. We know Bowles loves him. 

Also a FA after this year.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Missed the game. Aside from the above, how did he do?

I loved his game. When he got beat in this play, he did everything right but just lost the ball. He allowed him to play man on the team's slot WRs and they avoided him a lot. I may have seen them target him twice. When he dropped back from the safety position, he took away portions of the field. He's going in the top-10. He's range is wild and he plays with confidence. He also starts on special teams (Made a big hit). 

I've been comparing him to Eric Berry lately. He's someone you can bring into the box and also someone you can have over the top in cover 1. 

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

My favorite defensive players are playing against each other. Kyle Hamilton and MyJai Sanders. Hamilton is playing man on slot WRs and taking away portions of the field when dropping back. They're trying to avoid him. 

Gardner the CB for Cincinnati outplayed Hamilton

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Gardner the CB for Cincinnati outplayed Hamilton

Gardner is the reason why I wasn't so quick to list Stingley as my favorite CB. 

I'm not sure if he out played Hamilton though. Besides that one play, they tried their best to avoid him while he lined up in 3 different positions on defense. Sauce had a good game as a CB, Hamilton had a good game as a FS, NB, and LB. It's hard for me to compare their game. 

I started to slow down on the CB talk because Echols, Carter, and Hall are showing some progress. I'm not ruling out drafting a CB, just waiting to see what these guys can do in games like today. If they get burned, that will change quickly. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk