2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s not about just that, it’s also about letting the player to heal up so they are healthier the rest of the season. So would you trade a couple weeks of Hance so you had a healthier Wills the rest of the season? 

First, there’s no guarantee they’re healthy the rest of the season.  Second, for things like sprains it can take months to heal completely, so getting a completely right version of a player isn’t likely a week or two thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

First, there’s no guarantee they’re healthy the rest of the season.  Second, for things like sprains it can take months to heal completely, so getting a completely right version of a player isn’t likely a week or two thing.

I didnt say they were going to be healthy the rest of the season, just said healthier...

What would potentially do more damage to a bum ankle, playing on it for two weeks than getting rest for it, or playing on it for four weeks before resting it???

When a dude cant finish any of the games the first four weeks, that should be a red...

Hell, once Wills was finally pulled and was given the time to recover or he finally threw the flag in, the ankle didnt cause him to miss anymore games.  He missed the Chargers game and Cardinals game  because of the ankle injury and then the ankle didnt cause him to miss another offensive snap the rest of the season. He missed the other two games because of covid rules.

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I didnt say they were going to be healthy the rest of the season, just said healthier...

What would potentially do more damage to a bum ankle, playing on it for two weeks than getting rest for it, or playing on it for four weeks before resting it???

When a dude cant finish any of the games the first four weeks, that should be a red...

Hell, once Wills was finally pulled and was given the time to recover or he finally threw the flag in, the ankle didnt cause him to miss anymore games.  He missed the Chargers game and Cardinals game  because of the ankle injury and then the ankle didnt cause him to miss another offensive snap the rest of the season. He missed the other two games because of covid rules.

Now we’re back to putting the responsibility of measuring a player’s level of recovery on the HC and not the player and training staff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Now we’re back to putting the responsibility of measuring a player’s level of recovery on the HC and not the player and training staff.

The stuff people blame Coaches for is asinine. The coach hears the player say he can play and if the training staff clears him, he plays. It’s that simple. To do anything else actually creates controversy until the team is out of contention, which is literally what happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The stuff people blame Coaches for is asinine. The coach hears the player say he can play and if the training staff clears him, he plays. It’s that simple. To do anything else actually creates controversy until the team is out of contention, which is literally what happened.

Yep.

And could you imagine how pissed a player would be if they were forced to sit when they said they could play and were cleared to do so and missed performance goals and the associated bonuses?  

That would be just about the quickest possible way for a coach to lose a locker room.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

And could you imagine how pissed a player would be if they were forced to sit when they said they could play and were cleared to do so and missed performance goals and the associated bonuses?  

That would be just about the quickest possible way for a coach to lose a locker room.

ESPECIALLY with a quarterback. Say what you want, but Stefanski literally played Baker who was cleared instead of creating a controversy. Baker can posture for stuff like he did post week 17, (I don’t blame him he wants paid) but that’s what happened. It’s disingenuous for anyone to say otherwise.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So when you see your starting LT leaving the first four games cause of the same ankle injury, wouldn’t you think to your self “hmm, prolly shouldn’t have played him”

The HC sure has the right, when the injury is clearly hurting their performance on the field, yeah the coach should pull them. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

ok the player says he can play, the training staff clears them, and now the player on the field is playing well below their ability…the coach shouldn’t pull them? So you would elect to keep the player clearly being hampered by injuries?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, buno67 said:

So when you see your starting LT leaving the first four games cause of the same ankle injury, wouldn’t you think to your self “hmm, prolly shouldn’t have played him”

Yeah, I suppose there were a number of times Stefanski wished he could have done something he wasn’t really able to do.

46 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The HC sure has the right, when the injury is clearly hurting their performance on the field, yeah the coach should pull them. 

ok the player says he can play, the training staff clears them, and now the player on the field is playing well below their ability…the coach shouldn’t pull them? So you would elect to keep the player clearly being hampered by injuries?

I guess it all depends on whether you think that player at whatever percent less than 100 they are is better than their backup.

Like I said originally.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, I suppose there were a number of times Stefanski wished he could have done something he wasn’t really able to do.

I guess it all depends on whether you think that player at whatever percent less than 100 they are is better than their backup.

Like I said originally.

Congratulations my friend 

Now who are they going to draft?