2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ngl, their response after the trade requests prolly hurt his pride too.

BM: I want out.

Team: We dont give af.  See you at OTAs.

The fallout is on Baker tbh.

Baker got his feelings hurt (understandably).

The Browns asked for a meeting to patch things up.

He refused and went crying to social media for a dramatic farewell and removed all Browns everything.

The Browns then said they needed an adult because he is acting like the petulant child he's been since OU, and while that Watson being an adult thing is hypocritical and hilarious, they aren't wrong that Mayfield isn't acting like an adult here.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He refused and went crying to social media for a dramatic farewell and removed all Browns everything.

The Browns then said they needed an adult because he is acting like the petulant child he's been since OU, and while that Watson being an adult thing is hypocritical and hilarious, they aren't wrong that Mayfield isn't acting like an adult here.

If I could give you 100 eletronic footballs I would. This is perfectly worded and my feelings exactly.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If the reports are true it was stated that we wanted an "adult" at QB and that we were moving on regardless of whether we landed Watson so since they were reported together and we're believing one part is true then the tie was cut before Baker posted anything.

Also what Baker posted wasn't childish and saying you want an adult is, so the Browns need to grow up if that's true. They are really hurting chances of players wanting to come here and staying here.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

If the reports are true it was stated that we wanted an "adult" at QB and that we were moving on regardless of whether we landed Watson so since they were reported together and we're believing one part is true then the tie was cut before Baker posted anything.

Also what Baker posted wasn't childish and saying you want an adult is, so the Browns need to grow up if that's true. They are really hurting chances of players wanting to come here and staying here.

The fact that the whole 'we want an adult' thing came out AFTER the owner of the team tried to go out of his way to fly and meet with Baker to talk about things--and Baker refused--makes it make a whole lot more sense.

Its like the FO originally intended to extend a olive branch to him, do things the right way, keep communication open and Baker smacked their hand away.

Again, he deserved that adult comment.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

The fact that the whole 'we want an adult' thing came out AFTER the owner of the team tried to go out of his way to fly and meet with Baker to talk about things--and Baker refused--makes it make a whole lot more sense.

Its like the FO originally intended to extend a olive branch to him, do things the right way, keep communication open and Baker smacked their hand away.

Again, he deserved that adult comment.

Chris Mortensen is reporting that the Browns and Baker Mayfield are "breaking up" even if they don't land Deshaun Watson He also mentions the Browns want "an adult" at QB.

It was reported they were done with him. Maybe they weren't and they didn't say they wanted an adult. Or maybe we just believe the part we want and discard the other.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get him getting his feelings hurt and all, it’s gotta sting, but the social media posts and refusing to meet them after is only really making the point about immaturity for them.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get him getting his feelings hurt and all, it’s gotta sting, but the social media posts and refusing to meet them after is only really making the point about immaturity for them.

Then trade him for a 6th and be done with it.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Then trade him for a 6th and be done with it.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree, if they’re really done with him either way.  Rip the band aid off and move on.

Not my preference, but none of the shenanigans of the last week would have been my preference.

TBH I think we are all right in this situation:

1. Baker is immature in his handling of this

2. The Browns have handled this poorly

3. The Browns should trade Baker and will (I think they're trying to create a market and drive up his value. They need at least 2 teams interested to maximize the value)

4. The optics are bad for everyone

5. I personally wouldn't have gone this route at all and would instead have quietly floated him out there for teams

6. Baker has no leverage in this situation based upon 4 years of film and only having 1 year left on his contract at a high paid position

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

TBH I think we are all right in this situation:

1. Baker is immature in his handling of this

2. The Browns have handled this poorly

3. The Browns should trade Baker and will (I think they're trying to create a market and drive up his value. They need at least 2 teams interested to maximize the value)

4. The optics are bad for everyone

5. I personally wouldn't have gone this route at all and would instead have quietly floated him out there for teams

6. Baker has no leverage in this situation based upon 4 years of film and only having 1 year left on his contract at a high paid position

I’ve been on record for months saying just let him play out year 5.

Watson wouldn’t have been of interest to me at any point cuz reasons.

No one else moves the needle enough for me to make the change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been on record for months saying just let him play out year 5.

100%. Same here.

Watson wouldn’t have been of interest to me at any point cuz reasons.

See above LOL

No one else moves the needle enough for me to make the change.

Now we are looking at either a lateral move, a downgrade, or a lottery ticket like Jordan Love, and I want Jordan Love, who I don't think is going to be very good, simply so we can just draft a top tier QB next year. 

This whole thing sucks.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Chris Mortensen is reporting that the Browns and Baker Mayfield are "breaking up" even if they don't land Deshaun Watson He also mentions the Browns want "an adult" at QB.

It was reported they were done with him. Maybe they weren't and they didn't say they wanted an adult. Or maybe we just believe the part we want and discard the other.

They want an Adult under Center.......the Fan's WANT AN ADULT IN THE OWNERS BOX!!!!!!!

We Want Emotion in Football.....until we DONT want emotion in Football....Bret Farve going out and throwing 5TD's on MNF, to lead a Comeback Victory, with a Broken Thumb on his Throwing Hand, the Night after his Father Died.....that would not even be REMOTELY possible without emotion....

Now this kid goes from 3 star, 2 time Walk On to breaking NFL records, and help lead a downtrodden franchise to its first playoff Appearance AND Win in 20 years....then he plays through a Broken Shoulder and a Comedy of Error everywhere else....they Pursue a "Face of the Franchise" who has 22 civil rape charges against him.....and then we want Baker to put on a Brave Face and and say....yeah I understand its just business.

This is not the Mafia......this is Football and we CAN'T have it Al La Carte.....Emotion is part of the game....now Jimmy, get off THINE High Horse and do some A$$ Kissing.....Save the Season for the Fans? Or Save your Pride for Yourself....

I get it your a Billionaire, who went Toe to Toe with the IRS and walked.....so you gonna do what you want. But we'll see if you Love the Browns and its Fans....VERY shortly....

(Also folks are talking about Baker putting it out that he wouldnt meet.....that sounds more like something the Ownership would leak, because a Billionaire Baby is not getting his way......what if Mayfield had a Wedding to go to this weekend....after the way he's been treated, I wouldnt change my Schedule either....I would meet, but its gonna be on MY terms, after you've made an *** of me)

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 5