Training Camp Hype Train v.2021

Deadpulse

17 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I personally don't give a damn about Brady win a ring there. I won't either if he wins 1-2 more.

These Patriots/Bucs fans are so cringeworthy

By the same token, I'd hazard a guess that they don't put much thought into your level of cringe either SB, lol.  To each their own and thankfully we have the freedom to form individual opinions while still loving the game.

Moving on.  Waiting for the camp reports to start flowing, but FB getting close means summer is over... so not too fast

Cam to start week 1, would have 99% confidence in that.

Would have about 30% confidence that he starts after week 8

My Running Back Room;

1. Damien Harris
2. Sony Michel
3. R Stevenson
4. James White
5. Taylor
6. Brandon Bolden

Yeah, I think White struggles this year. 

We wont get Julio, but IF we did - watch the tears. Watch the salt. Watch the 'wahhhh how can the league let this happen?! wahhhh'. Would be delicious 

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

IF we did - watch the tears. Watch the salt. Watch the 'wahhhh how can the league let this happen?! wahhhh'. Would be delicious 

Cheating against the cap. Investigation would be necessary.

Edited by DoleINGout

I'm looking for the young players with a proper offseason now to unseat the older players.

Signing van Noy was good but Uche needs to unseat him.

Dugger obviously needs to start and not only that, be a star.

Onwenu is already good but maybe takes the step to an All Pro guard.

I hope Bryant factors more into the DB room than people think.

I think Harris can really become a premium back. Michel when healthy is decent so those top 2 are good.

Also watching how quickly Barmore and Perkins adjust.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I'm looking for the young players with a proper offseason now to unseat the older players.

Signing van Noy was good but Uche needs to unseat him.

Dugger obviously needs to start and not only that, be a star.

Onwenu is already good but maybe takes the step to an All Pro guard.

I hope Bryant factors more into the DB room than people think.

I think Harris can really become a premium back. Michel when healthy is decent so those top 2 are good.

Also watching how quickly Barmore and Perkins adjust.

Agreed 100%
Van Noy is a back up at best

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:27 PM, SBLIII said:

I personally don't give a damn about Brady win a ring there. I won't either if he wins 1-2 more.

These Patriots/Bucs fans are so cringeworthy

I don't get this attitude. How can you NOT like Brady winning somewhere else? It's not like he beat the Pats to do it. I see it as like competing in a tournament which your brother has also entered - yes, obviously, you'd love to win - but if you can't then you want your brother to win, and when/if he does you're happy for him.

On Jones - he'd be an amazing acquisition, but unless the Falcons are really desperate I just don't see BB handing over enough capital to get him, and even IF the Falcons are desperate, it's hard not to see the other teams with cap-space out bidding us. The Jags, Jets and Bengals all have young QBs that Jones would be great for, and Detroit has a gaping Kenny Golladay-shaped hole in their roster right now.  

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I don't get this attitude. How can you NOT like Brady winning somewhere else? It's not like he beat the Pats to do it. I see it as like competing in a tournament which your brother has also entered - yes, obviously, you'd love to win - but if you can't then you want your brother to win, and when/if he does you're happy for him.

On Jones - he'd be an amazing acquisition, but unless the Falcons are really desperate I just don't see BB handing over enough capital to get him, and even IF the Falcons are desperate, it's hard not to see the other teams with cap-space out bidding us. The Jags, Jets and Bengals all have young QBs that Jones would be great for, and Detroit has a gaping Kenny Golladay-shaped hole in their roster right now.  

I get the attitude, SBLIII is a Patriots fan, he cheers for the Patriots Tom Brady no longer plays for the Patriots. He didn't say he hopes he blows out his knee or anything like that, just that he does care about him winning. With that said this is the Patriots forum in a thread about training camp hype, I think it should be about players that are on the Patriots roster.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

They have no cap space right now, I think they are 5-7 million over, they can’t even sign their rookies. The easy solution is to trade Jones but then he will cost them 15 million in dead money next year. They could restructure other contracts but I have to think all these rumors mean that his trade is being looked as an option. As for those other teams they are all rebuilding, so trading capital for a 32 wr is a terrible idea. 

Edited by The Third Rider

2 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

They have no cap space right now, I think they are 5-7 million over, they can’t even sign their rookies. The easy solution is to trade Jones but then he will cost them 15 million in dead money next year. They could restructure other contracts but I have to think all these rumors mean that his trade is being looked as an option. As for those other teams they are all rebuilding, so trading capital for a 32 wr is a terrible idea. 

The Jags might be rebuilding, but they have 40mil in cap they can spend, nobody of real note at WR and a brand new QB they want to make comfortable. Plus, 32 isn’t that old, they could easily get 3+ years out of Jones, plenty enough time to make Lawrence into a star and mentor the young WRs on the roster.

27 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

A ring would be nice.

I'll be happy if we break .500 this season or grab 9 wins.  I think there's just wayyy too many new pieces on O for it to be as fluid as we'd like it to be, especially vs. a stronger AFCE.  Next season I think we start pushing to the top of the div again though.