WR1 Tournament Round 1: Calvin Ridley vs Keenan Allen

BayRaider

WR1 Tournament: Calvin Ridley vs Keenan Allen  

40 members have voted

1. 1. WR1 Tournament: Calvin Ridley vs Keenan Allen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/26/2021 at 05:00 PM

Calvin Ridley

ridley1.jpg

vs

Keenan Allen

The-Chargers-Keenan-Allen-13-avoids-the-

This will run for six days and end May 26th. For more information, check our the main Tournament Topic. There is no seeds and matchups were randomized. At the end of the Tournament, one man will be crowned FootballsFuture's Official Top WR in the NFL. 

This one is Ridley for me. Remember, this tournament isn't about who's had the better career. It's about who is better right now. A big part of why I'll be voting Ridley over Allen here, and Adams over Jones in the other thread. 

Ridley broke out last season. He has the WR1 toolbox, and everything you could possibly want in a WR. He has great Size, Burner Speed, Terrific Route Running, Terrific at the Catch Point, and he's strong. This guy is likely going to get 1200+ yards and 6+ TD's a year over the next 6 years. 

Allen has better route running, he's been Top 2-3 in that category his entire career, but he definitely does not have the toolbox that Ridley has. He also may have shown regression last year, but it could of also been Herbert being a Rookie as well. 

Kind of feel like these are both similar players, both are going to win with route running proficiency and strong hands. Yet Calvin Ridley is younger and has more speed/quickness to offer.

He doesn’t have the track record as Allen though so it makes it a little tougher to predict ascension vs decline.

Gun to my head though, I’ll side with the age/upside of Ridley.

I still don’t get why OBJ gets a pass despite having injuries that have made him a husk of his rookie-deal self, but Keenan Allen deals with back/hammy injuries in 2020, slightly dips, and now he’s a fringe-average #1 WR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This one is Ridley for me. Remember, this tournament isn't about who's had the better career. It's about who is better right now. A big part of why I'll be voting Ridley over Allen here, and Adams over Jones in the other thread. 

This is not the first time you've suggested that Keenan Allen is in some sort of decline. I don't understand that. Was it because he missed 2 games?

Nevertheless, Ridley is one of the most underrated in the NFL, but I'd rather have Allen on my team than Ridley

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

For the longest I’ve felt Keenan Allen was the most underrated WR in the game. Now it feels like Ridley has that title.

It being 70/30 for Allen is shocking to me.

mostly agree on both counts

I'm a little surprised that the forum came together to recognize Allen, who I think is top 10 for sure

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

For the longest I’ve felt Keenan Allen was the most underrated WR in the game. Now it feels like Ridley has that title.

It being 70/30 for Allen is shocking to me.

Agreed Ridley is currently the most underrated WR on the internet.