Realistic discussion on McCarthy: Should He stay or should he go?

MacReady

If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Mike McCarthy be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

There is more to Head Coaching then just play calling and scheming. The only way to judge these intangibles is through winning %. As @incognito_man has pointed out, he is great in this category.

He had a bad day play calling today. It happens. 

MM has a long history of being one of the best QB teachers in the league. Look at his track record in every spot he has been. He turned Aaron Brooks into a pro bowler.

It is just as likely that MM made Aaron then Aaron is making MM. But it is a pointless discussion because they are tied at the hip. I highly doubt Aaron will want him fired.

It would be asinine to fire him after one season of missing the playoffs, without his starting QB, when it would be only the 3rd time in his career as a coach. 

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

We obviously have a vast difference of opinion. 

Do you honestly think MM is the difference between us making the playoffs or not..

yes, I think Mike McCarthy is largely responsible for the success this team has had for the last decade. Including the playoff streak.

TT is first

MM is second

AR is third

Im not even pushing for MM to be fired, never was. Capers on the other hand should have been fired 5 years ago, but I'm fine with MM, as long as we acknowledge that he will only win with GB as long as he has Rodgers, unless Rodgers 2.0 replaces him. Conversely, Rodgers would win with GB with any current coach in the NFL.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

yes, I think Mike McCarthy is largely responsible for the success this team has had for the last decade. Including the playoff streak.

TT is first

MM is second

AR is third

With all due respect, that’s absurd. 

Aaron Rodgers is the most responsible guy for our success and it’s not even a debate.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

TT is first

MM is second

AR is third

So just to be clear - you believe MM would be just as successful with another QB, but AR would not be as succesful with another HC?

Just now, pollino14 said:

With all due respect, that’s absurd. 

Aaron Rodgers is the most responsible guy for our success and it’s not even a debate.

It's not absurd for a simple reason that I'm sure you will dismiss:

TT drafted AR, without him he is not even on the team.

MM molded AR into the QB he is today. He is not the QB he is today without him.

They made Aaron Rodgers in GB possible.

Then they crafted a sustainably really good team around AR to maximize the window of success throughout his entire career. GB has been in the mix every year since 2009. So those 3 are the reason for a decade of success, precisely in that order.

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

But he mostly likely wouldn't be the Aaron Rodgers we know if TT didn't pick him and MM didn't coach him up.

Variables that we’ll never know. Obviously MM and Ted get some credit for helping AR. But let’s not act as if they were the only guys who coulda made it happen .

Bottom line: AR has been an all time great QB. Not very good, all time great. His play, not Ted’s roster decisions or MM’s gameplans or play calls is the reason for our success. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's not absurd for a simple reason that I'm sure you will dismiss:

TT drafted AR, without him he is not even on the team.

MM molded AR into the QB he is today. He is not the QB he is today without him.

They made Aaron Rodgers in GB possible.

Then they crafted a sustainably really good team around AR to maximize the window of success throughout his entire career. GB has been in the mix every year since 2009. So those 3 are the reason for a decade of success, precisely in that order.

Addressed in my last post. Aaron would have been fine haven gone elsewhere . 

Archived