Realistic discussion on McCarthy: Should He stay or should he go?

MacReady

If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Mike McCarthy be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The argument is that bc TT picked Rodgers in the 1st round, he's the greatest GM of all time and everything Rodgers has or will ever do is only because TT had the guts, intuition and courage to draft him. Something like that anyways.

When Rodgers gets inducted into the HOF, it should have an asterisk that says, "he accomplsihed all of this only bc TT drafted him".

Right! Like what do you say to that ?? 

Just now, pollino14 said:

Why don’t you take a stroll to the previous page? Because I most certainly give MM for his development.

my god, people pick and choose what they wanna believe on here!

People are just frustrated because the season is going south.  I guess venting here is good therapy for us all.  

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The argument is that bc TT picked Rodgers in the 1st round, he's the greatest GM of all time and everything Rodgers has or will ever due is only because TT had the guts, intuition and courage to draft him. Something like that anyways.

When Rodgers gets inducted into the HOF, it should have an asterisk that says, "he accomplsihed all of this only bc TT drafted him".

Do people forget what AR12 looked like in '05 and '06 preseason?

Or the fact that MM completely changed his throwing motion?

Or that 24 other teams passed on him for a reason?

It seems like a no brainer pick now, but it was not at the time.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for taking coaching and improving his game, but MM & TT were both instrumental in that improvement

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Why don’t you take a stroll to the previous page? Because I most certainly give MM for his development.

my god, people pick and choose what they wanna believe on here!

And similarly, people that give some credit to TT & MM also give credit to Arod, but you choose to misrepresent their positions because you pick and choose what you want to believe.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The argument is that bc TT picked Rodgers in the 1st round, he's the greatest GM of all time and everything Rodgers has or will ever due is only because TT had the guts, intuition and courage to draft him. Something like that anyways.

this doesn't even make any sense...

Can people not read or do you choose not to understand or what's the deal here? I don't think this is very complex stuff...

Rodgers could have very well become a HOFer elsewhere. Yeah, ok. That would have sucked because then he wouldn't have done it for GB. So that guy that drafted him for Green Bay responsible for him being in Green Bay. Is this a tricky concept?

19 minutes ago, Howler said:

At some point, we need to cut our losses. We hit our apex with McCarthy a few year back and now we've been sliding. I think McCarthy has managed the locker room well, but his questionable scheme is repeatedly bailed out by the improvisation of one Aaron Rodgers.  Beating up on lackluster opponents in the NFC North isn't the sign of a great coach, especially when those double digit win Packer teams struggled in the postseason.  It's time to move on and try to salvage what remains of #12's career with someone different. I view it like the Dusty Baker situation recently with the Nationals. 

While I can't say I'm there yet, I won't be surprised if this ends up being the story.  What concerns me is they have had the same problems for years, and don't even appear to be trying to change it.  That's gotta fall on MM.

It wouldn't hurt Rodgers to have to be more of a student again with a new approach.  

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

People are just frustrated because the season is going south.  I guess venting here is good therapy for us all.  

I get it Pugger, I do. People are upset and rightfully so.

But there’s a minority of people who do not want to put responsibility on anyone and sit on their hands rather then try to make it better. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

For those who want to give TT and MM a certain amount of credit for shaping Rodgers into the player he is today...

...will those same people admit that TT and MM deserve the same amount of blame for Rodgers' lack of SB appearances?

well obviously...the FO is fully responsible for the entirety of a team's successes and failures.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The argument is that bc TT picked Rodgers in the 1st round, he's the greatest GM of all time and everything Rodgers has or will ever do is only because TT had the guts, intuition and courage to draft him. Something like that anyways.

That's not even close to being true, and I'm not sure why you're choosing to portray it that way.  You look at his draft record and it stands up as well as anyone's, and if you don't think so I'd love to hear why you don't think so.  He's got his draft misses (like anyone else), but do you have anything that leads you believe that his hits outweigh his misses?  How about compared to league average?

4 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

But there’s a minority of people who do not want to put responsibility on anyone and sit on their hands rather then try to make it better.

There's very few of those I believe, but I also think the "change for the sake of change" mob mentality that seems to be prevalent the last week or so isn't the solution either.  The first time things go south, and people want to clean house.  It's non-sensical.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For those who want to give TT and MM a certain amount of credit for shaping Rodgers into the player he is today...

...will those same people admit that TT and MM deserve the same amount of blame for Rodgers' lack of SB appearances?

Your use of the word “lack” is based on your personal arbitrary expectations. and while they share some responsibility for whatever outcomes are achieved, there are other factors that contribute to outcomes that you disregard

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's not even close to being true, and I'm not sure why you're choosing to portray it that way.  You look at his draft record and it stands up as well as anyone's, and if you don't think so I'd love to hear why you don't think so.  He's got his draft misses (like anyone else), but do you have anything that leads you believe that his hits outweigh his misses?  How about compared to league average?

I believe he’s commenting on the people who for some reason give MM and TT all the credit for AR being great.

And Idt it’s changing for the sake of change. Idt MM adds much to our offense and our defense has been average to below average for years.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

I believe he’s commenting on the people who for some reason give MM and TT all the credit for AR being great.

And Idt it’s changing for the sake of change. Idt MM adds much to our offense and our defense has been average to below average for years.

Again, that's very few and far between.  The fact is all three of them had a role in his development.

Like I mentioned elsewhere (maybe it was this thread), if you think the Packers are fundamentally flawed than it needs to be a major change.  If you don't think it's a fundamental flaw, then you're looking at a more minor change.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Again, that's very few and far between.  The fact is all three of them had a role in his development.

Like I mentioned elsewhere (maybe it was this thread), if you think the Packers are fundamentally flawed than it needs to be a major change.  If you don't think it's a fundamental flaw, then you're looking at a more minor change.

That really sums it up perfectly. I just get upset that people complain about major things, but want minor changes as well.

Archived