Realistic discussion on McCarthy: Should He stay or should he go?

MacReady

If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Mike McCarthy be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think there's a very few people who haven't been critical of TT's lack of aggressiveness in FA, and I'm not talking about the bigger named FA.  I think the large majority believe that he should have been more active in previous years like he was this past offseason.  At this point, I figured that was a near consensus.

You're the one whose going around since you got here complaining about TT's poor draft record, an assertion that largely goes against popular opinion.  Does that mean popular opinion is right?  Absolutely not, but the fact that you refuse to do any work at all tells me you've got no desire to prove your point and you're going to continue to run around spouting out your opinion and passing it off as a truth.  IF you truly believed what you're saying, you'd jump at the opportunity to prove me (and others) wrong.

So, in a discussion about TT's effectiveness as GM,  you agree that TT has failed the Packers when it comes to acquiring (non top-tier) free agents. 

For obvious reasons, the issue of TT's refusal to make a single trade in over a decade to add a player of consequence to the roster is ignored. 

Finally, after asserting that TT is as good or better at drafting than any NFL GM ("[TT's] draft record ... stands up as well as anyone's") you declare it is up to others to prove that is not the case rather making any attempt to provide a shred of evidence to support your assertion.

Maybe you are unsupported assertion about TT is right and he is a better or at least as good a drafter as any other GM. If so, it should be fun to see all that talent perform the next 9 weeks.

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So, in a discussion about TT's effectiveness as GM,  you agree that TT has failed the Packers when it comes to acquiring (non top-tier) free agents. 

For obvious reasons, the issue of TT's refusal to make a single trade in over a decade to add a player of consequence to the roster is ignored. 

Finally, after asserting that TT is as good or better at drafting than any NFL GM ("[TT's] draft record ... stands up as well as anyone's") you declare it is up to others to prove that is not the case rather making any attempt to provide a shred of evidence to support your assertion.

Maybe you are unsupported assertion about TT is right and he is a better or at least as good a drafter as any other GM. If so, it should be fun to see all that talent perform the next 9 weeks.

Let's do this.

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I've been saying for years that mac's playbook is stale. It's foolish to get rid of him this late in Aarons career. I would force him to bring in a OC from the outside. Someone with fresh ideas a to install new wrinkles to this offense which every DC in the league has figured out.

I look it at this way. Take away the two game winning drives by 12 this season and McCarthy's flaws are even further accentuated.  Ted held up his end of the bargain, but McCarthy has underachieved yet again. 

11 minutes ago, Howler said:

I look it at this way. Take away the two game winning drives by 12 this season and McCarthy's flaws are even further accentuated.  Ted held up his end of the bargain, but McCarthy has underachieved yet again. 

I look at it this way: you can't 'take things away' that were real, and significant and happened.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I look at it this way: you can't 'take things away' that were real, and significant and happened.

Take away Bosticks dumb play and we win the SB. Mike now has two SB wins 

38 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I've been saying for years that mac's playbook is stale. It's foolish to get rid of him this late in Aarons career. I would force him to bring in a OC from the outside. Someone with fresh ideas a to install new wrinkles to this offense which every DC in the league has figured out.

It's not even that it's stale, changes are inevitable.  That he appears to be oblivious to this is the problem.  

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Take away Bosticks dumb play and we win the SB. Mike now has two SB wins 

Take away DJax from Philly in 2010 and MM is likely fired well before now and Rodgers is ahead of Brady in career super bowl titles under the HC of Jim Harbaugh.....going for an unprecedented 6th in a row

Someone is gonna get mad at me really bad for saying this. But how come he ran a much different offense with Favre? What if this is the only way Rodgers wants to play. Obviously he's not in there anymore. We'll see what happens after the bye and the rest of the year.. If it stays exactly the same he's a moron. But I doubt that will be the case. We'll see I guess.

Just now, squire12 said:

Take away DJax from Philly in 2010 and MM is likely fired well before now and Rodgers is ahead of Brady in career super bowl titles under the HC of Jim Harbaugh.....going for an unprecedented 6th in a row

Just now, squire12 said:

Lol why Jim harbaugh

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he's the only modern coach that's not belichick that has a better win% than McCarthy ;)

What if we take away Harbaughs wins where he had a player play well and help them win? Then is Mike second again?

Archived